racial

• Updated: Fri, April 08, 2011

• Reported By: Ellie — Hartsville South Carolina United States of America
Your Magazine Source
P.O. Box 1196 Deerfield Beach, Florida United States of America

Your Magazine Source told me I would receive package in mail in 2 days, I received in 2 weeks and they deducted money from my account already that I did not authorize. Deerfield Beach, Florida

*Consumer Comment: Not sure what to do to make it stop but some things to defiantly do first before anything else.

I received a phone call from Dorothy from YMS on Monday March the 7th.  She stated that I had entered my name in a contest to get a rebate card to a list of places that she would send me on thursday, which would be March 10th.  She told me I would have to give her my debit card number and they would deduct $8.93 for processing.  I would receive some magazines to choose from and if I did not want them could call the 866 number and cancel at any time.

I tried to call the customer service number to find out where my package was and I would get a recording every time and the mail box would be full so I could not leave a message.  I finally received my package on thursday March 24th with one magazine in it, a letter and a sheet to fill out and send in to get my rebate card.

I checked my bank account and they took out an additional $24.95 for the magazine subscription on March 21st which the letter stated they would deduct every month.

I can't get in touch with these people to cancel.  I have not sent my request for the rebate card yet, I don't know what to do.  How can I get out of this, Help!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/31/2011 12:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Your-Magazine-Source/Deerfield-Beach-Florida-33443/Your-Magazine-Source-told-me-I-would-receive-package-in-mail-in-2-days-I-received-in-2-w-712413. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Your Magazine Source

AUTHOR: NathanR - (United States of America)

Hello there Ellie,

I am in the same boat as you at the moment. I have had the same thing happen only under different circumstances but still, there are a few things you should defiantly do. First being by cancel your card or explain to the bank what is going on and have them block all charges being made by that company (I used a pre-paid card so all I have to do is not fill the card up anymore). Don't even bother with the customer service number before thinking about going to the bank, I have tried their number several times, they either don't respond or don't actually take your cancelation request for every time I have talked to them it has been the same BS about there is no note on my file (which makes me wonder if they are using pads of paper and post-it notes as their filing system) that says I have canceled my account.

If you read my report on these Aholes you will see just how far they have taken it with me so yeah. Act fast, get your card canceled or the charges blocked. Sorry I can't be of more help as I am rather unexperienced with being ripped off to this magnitude. Best of luck.

-Nathan