Complaint Review: Your Very Own Geek

• Submitted: Mon, February 11, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, July 15, 2008

• Reported By:Middletown Indiana
Your Very Own Geek
121 West Plum Street Chesterfield, Indiana U.S.A.

Your Very Own Geek Major Computer Ripoff Anderson Chesterfield Indiana

*Consumer Comment: Where would they replace a Toshiba laptop motherboard for $50?

My Toshiba laptop stopped working. I took it to this place and was told they would call within 5 days. On the 7th day I called them. At around 9 a.m. I was told that the motherboard was out on the computer and it would cost around $600 to have fixed. I told them I would have to talk to my wife and call them back. Received a call at 12:30 p.m. from another person from the company and was then told it would cost $950 to have fixed. I asked them what happen to the former quote? The person then asked me, "What former quote?" When I told him that someone had already quoted me $600, he said, "it's a $900 job and I'm not going to do it for less."

I went to the store and picked up my computer. I then took it to someone else. They called me and said that the motherboard was not out on it, and it will cost about $50 to have it fixed.

This store is a major ripoff and I would not advise anyone to take their stuff to this store.

Jack
Middletown, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/11/2008 07:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Your-Very-Own-Geek/Chesterfield-Indiana-46017/Your-Very-Own-Geek-Major-Computer-Ripoff-Anderson-Chesterfield-Indiana-308127. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Your Very Own Geek

AUTHOR: Js - (U.S.A.)

I wouldn't even open a Toshiba laptop $50, let alone put a $150 motherboard in it!

So please give me this information as I need a new power adapter replaced for my laptop & if they will put a motherboard in yours for $50, they'd probably sell me the adapter for $10 !!