Complaint Review: YourMusic.com

• Updated: Mon, October 04, 2010

• Reported By: Tim — Dublin Texas United States of America
YourMusic.com

YourMusic.com Keep an eye on YourMusic.com, Internet

*Author of original report: Well, they did screw me after all

Yourmusic hasn't screwed me yet, but I have major reservations about their ethics and business practices.  Here's my tale of woe.

I decided I could live with their well-priced but very limited (classical) catalog and wanted to give a friend of mine a one-year subscription but tentatively fill the queue for her myself [it's a long story].  I e-mailed to ask whether there was some way to do what I wanted.  No answer in two weeks, and probably never.  So I went ahead anyway and phonied-up the new account to accommodate my plan.

After my friend received the first CD and was pleased with it, I thought I might want to extend the subscription in future years, so I went back online to record what I'd already selected for this year.  When I did, I found that yourmusic had added notes to five of the eleven remaining selections warning that supplies of those titles were limited, so it might be wise to place separate orders for them.  An HONEST seller would have set aside those already-sold copies, not tried to nickle-and-dime my friend by threatening to sell what I'd already paid for.

As I said, they haven't screwed me yet, but after seeing that cheeseball tactic, I wonder what other crapweasel schemes they may have in store.  I won't be renewing.  I just hope that the current subscription expires *after* yourmusic goes out of business.  Good people to avoid, I'd say.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/26/2009 07:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/YourMusiccom/internet/YourMusiccom-Keep-an-eye-on-YourMusiccom-Internet-545598. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on YourMusic.com

Well, they did screw me after all

AUTHOR: Tim - (United States of America)

Since I don't trust these people, I've been checking every month to ensure that the next CD in the queue has been shipped to my friend.  I thought I was safe after I moved all the buy-it-now-now-now titles to the top of the queue a few months ago.

Well, now that there's only one more selection left, they STILL screwed me by selling it despite my having paid for it nearly a year ago.  Unless you're willing to settle for pot luck, avoid these weasels.