Complaint Review: Yourgiftcards.com - Simple Escapes

• Updated: Tue, May 25, 2004

• Reported By:surprise Arizona
Yourgiftcards.com - Simple Escapes
www.yourgiftcards.com Internet U.S.A.

Yourgiftcards.com and Simple Escapes are rip-offs! I paid my Simple Escapes membership fee, but when I went to check on the status, they show no record of my email address. Now I'm out $15 and can't get my $50 gift card. Internet

I signed up for YourGiftCards.com to receive a $50 gift certificate to Applebees. I completed a sponsor's offer (I signed up for Simple Escapes, a membership program that charges $14.95 a month for minimum discounts. I paid my membership fee to the sponsor which is supposed to entitle me to my gift card, but when I went to check on the status, they show no record of my email address.

Apparently I was supposed to receive a confirmation email which I never did. The only way to contact them is via their "contact us" link on the website. It brings up a form to fill out. Funny thing is, they have a drop-down box under the subject line, first thing listed is "Did not receive confirmation email". When I tried to submit the form though, it came back with a message basically saying that there is no record of my email address (there's no record because I never received my confirmation email) and it won't send the help request.

I have no way of contacting them and getting my gift certificate, which means I am out $15 and a lot of aggravation and wasted time pursuing this. Don't fall for their gimmick - they are not there to help or provide you with any benefits. I guess what they say is true, if it sounds too good to be true, it is.

Shannen
surprise, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/25/2004 10:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Yourgiftcardscom-Simple-Escapes/internet/Yourgiftcardscom-and-Simple-Escapes-are-rip-offs-I-paid-my-Simple-Escapes-membership-fee-92887. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Yourgiftcards.com - Simple Escapes