Complaint Review: Yourgiftcards.com

• Submitted: Wed, March 24, 2004
  • Updated: Mon, April 05, 2004

• Reported By:Winsted Connecticut
Yourgiftcards.com
Mountain View, CA 94039-0520 Mountain View, California U.S.A.

Yourgiftcards.com Lying Ripoff B*****ds Mountain View California

*Author of original report: SUCCESS after some prodding

*Consumer Comment: contact information

*Consumer Comment: When is "Free" not free?

These sons of whores are compltely full of crap. They offer you a $50 gift card to Wal-Mart if you sign up for a credit card or DVD club. I signed up for Columbia House DVD and have been a paying member for four months......No gift card. If you know who runs this company and you live near them, I suggest you call the police.

Michael
Winsted, Connecticut

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/24/2004 09:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Yourgiftcardscom/Mountain-View-California-94039-0520/Yourgiftcardscom-Lying-Ripoff-Bds-Mountain-View-California-85162. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Yourgiftcards.com

SUCCESS after some prodding

AUTHOR: Michael - (U.S.A.)

OK - this company finally came through........it just takes some prodding to get what you want. Instead of continuing to call them, I called one of the companies they do business with and had them advocate for me......I still think their communication practices suck, but I got my gift card.

contact information

AUTHOR: Bill - (U.S.A.)

As sated above, I too keep getting the same popup boxes offering "free" gift cards. Having read some of the other rip off reports (and being retired with too much time on my hands) I decided to do a bit of research. Below you will find the contact information etc. for this company. It may not help, but it gave me something to do. lol

Registrant:
YF Direct, Inc. (JKGNPLOKHD)
PO Box 390520

PO Box 390520
Mountain View, CA 94039-0520
US
650-988-1044 fax: 650-988-1117

Record expires on 10-Apr-2005.
Record created on 10-Apr-2003.

Domain servers in listed order:

NS1.YFDIRECT.COM 65.19.141.189
NS2.YFDIRECT.COM 216.218.255.18

When is "Free" not free?

AUTHOR: Bill - (U.S.A.)

I have been getting the same ads on various webpages that I visit. I even sent them a nasty email. (with no response) I'm not sure how it works in other states, but I do know that out here in Oregon if an item is advertised as "free" then it has to be free!! That does not mean you have to order anything else,or that you have to fill out any form for other offers. Yes they can try and talk you into buying something else, but the "free" offer has to be free even if you choose not to purchase anything else.