Complaint Review: Yourgiftcards.com

• Updated: Sun, January 01, 2006

• Reported By:Englewood Colorado
Yourgiftcards.com
yourgiftcards.com Internet U.S.A.

Yourgiftcards.com Makes you complete offers then doesn't follow through with reward, ripoff! Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: Cannot condition a "free gift"

A year ago, I completed a couple offers with yourgiftcards.com. After a LOT of hassle, I finally got my gift card four months after completing the offers.

This year, I received an email from the company offering me another gift card as a reward if I complete more offers. I did EVERYTHING they asked. I completed an offer, then filled out the certificate request form, mailed it back to the company, and I didn't get my gift card.

When I wrote to them and asked why, I was told that only one card will be given per household, which they told me was written in the terms and conditions of the offer. Well, that would be fine if they had not solicited ME to give me the rewards.

If they don't intend to follow through, the should not extend invitations, let alone allow you to go through the entire process of claiming the certificate, mailing the confirmation back to them, etc. What a waste to not get the gift card as promised!

Michelle
Englewood, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/25/2005 12:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Yourgiftcardscom/internet/Yourgiftcardscom-Makes-you-complete-offers-then-doesnt-follow-through-with-reward-ripof-151170. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Yourgiftcards.com

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Cannot condition a "free gift"

AUTHOR: Patrick - (U.S.A.)

When they place conditions on a "gift card," it is not a "gift." A gift is freely given with no conditions. When you respond to the "offer," you are goinf to pay for the "free gift" so it is neither "free" nor a "gift." It is a ripoff!