Complaint Review: Yusef El Ansari T/A The Shutter Company

Yusef El Ansari T/A The Shutter Company
34 Greystone Gardens London, Select State/Province United Kingdom

Yusef El Ansari T/A The Shutter Company (Con Artist) London United Kingdom

*Consumer Comment: Continued issues - and possible company liquidation

I am not the first to write a report on The Shutter Company and I am sure I will not be the last.I too have been the victim of Yusef El Ansaris fraudulent activities.

I ordered shutters back in October 2012.  After numerous phone calls and emails to the company I finally received a response in January from Yusef telling me that there had been severe issues with his suppliers in China and he would need to start the order again.  He offered a full refund or a further 20% discount if I continued with the order; but it is now March 2013 and I still have NO SHUTTERS AND NO REFUND!

I have reported Yusef to Trading Standards and have initiated civil proceedings against him; not because I believe I will see my 560 deposit back but because I hope that by doing this it will help put a stop to some other poor unsuspecting victim of his crime.

PLEASE DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS MAN OR THE SHUTTER COMPANY!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/14/2013 12:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Yusef-El-Ansari-TA-The-Shutter-Company/London-Select-StateProvince-W5-1EP/Yusef-El-Ansari-TA-The-Shutter-Company-Con-Artist-London-United-Kingdom-1028743. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Yusef El Ansari T/A The Shutter Company

Continued issues - and possible company liquidation

AUTHOR: Charlotte R - ()

I have had a similar experience with the shutter company - we're overdue having our shutters installed and I have been unable to contact anyone in the company, via phone or email for the last week.

Following advice from the Consumer Advice Bureau I sent a very strongly worded email today, referencing the 1982 Supply of Goods and Services act, and finally got a response, claiming that they have gone under due to tough economic circumstances. However, the company is stilll listed as active on the Companies House website and, given past complaints, I am incredibly sceptical that this is the case.

I am applying for compensation under my bank's chargeback scheme, which I may or may not get as I paid for the deposit on a debit card, and will also take legal advice to see if we can recoup our losses directly from the Shutter Company. If anyone else is doing the same, I wonder if we should work together - we might be more likely to see something back.

I consider myelf a pretty savvy buyer, and am really upset that we've been taken for a ride by this guy - not only for the money, but also for the fact that we will have to wait another 10-12 weeks to get our shutters from elsewhere.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC