Complaint Review: Z & R Sober Homes

• Submitted: Mon, March 29, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, March 29, 2010

• Reported By: Julie — Cedar Park Texas U.S.A.
Z & R Sober Homes
200 Cripple Creek Rd Cedar Park, Texas United States of America

Z & R Sober Homes Z and R Sober Homes Men & Women Sober Transitional Living Cedar Park, Texas

I went to Z&R Sober Homes in Cedar Park, TX with the intent of trying to help a family member (in prison for DWI - about to be released on Parole).  They wouldnt produce a letter of intent to the Parole Board (for him to stay there) until I paid them a "deposit" of $200.  I thought no matter what, he would stay there and have to pay the deposit anyway.  I am so angry at myself for assuming that.  I kept them updated on his progress, but now told them he wouldnt be able to stay there because his PO said he can only stay with family or a Halfway House.  Obviously I wanted my $200 back.  They said "No, because we gave you a letter", and "it's only refundable if you actually live there and then decide to leave".

Umm, I drove to their house and it took them 5 minutes to type and print out the letter.  Yeah, is that worth $200?!  Maybe $15 or $25, for an "administrative fee" - but they are looking for any excuse to keep the $200.  Fraudulent, rip-off, selfish, shady %$#@!  Horrible and dishonest business practice!  Here I am a single mom trying to make ends meet, and they had absolutely NO sympathy or concience! Z&R Sober Homes obviously are NOT running homes for the intent to "help others" - it's all about the almighty dollar!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/29/2010 02:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Z-R-Sober-Homes/Cedar-Park-Texas-78613/Z-R-Sober-Homes-Z-and-R-Sober-Homes-Men-Women-Sober-Transitional-Living-Cedar-Park-Te-586919. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Z & R Sober Homes