• Report: #19565

• Reported By:oak park il
Z- Tel
Z-Tel.com Internet U.S.A.

Z- Tel charges for services not seen chicago Internet

I applied for telephone service with z-tel in december 2001. I was told services would be rendered within 7-10 business days.

After four (4) months I had not received service, they gave me four (4)different phone numbers within that time. Each month they charged me for service I never received.

I finally received service in the middle of March. I asked them to remove the charges for the months I had not received any services. I talked with the internet customer care representatives consistantly about not having received services but receiving bills for these services.

They "credited" the account for $90 which was only a portion of the amount charged for all three lines to which I never received service.

I told them the account should not have been credited but all charges should have been cancelled. I was told that their " Credit Experts" had reviewed the account and said that was all they would do. I was to pay for services I had never recieved and telephone numbers that never got hooked up.

I immediately cancelled the service. I will be filing a formal complaint to the Illinois Consumers Commissions

oak park, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/25/2002 12:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Z-Tel/internet/Z-Tel-charges-for-services-not-seen-chicago-Internet-19565. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Z- Tel