Complaint Review: ZENNI Optical

ZENNI Optical
448 Ignacio Blvd., Navato, CA 94949 Internet United States of America

ZENNI Optical Rip-off eyeglass sales company , Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Our apologies

*Consumer Comment: I didn't have a problem.

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Could not be happier!

*General Comment: Are you sure?

This company sells Chinese made eyeglasses which outsources American jobs.  Worse yet they will take every opportunity to charge more for your eyewear especially if there is any problem with them.  You must send them back at your own expense and chances are they will deny there is any problem with them, no matter how much you insist.  They will find some excuse to charge you extra to fix the problem or make you reorder altogether while only refunding half of what you originally sent them.  Thus, to get the problem corrected you would now end up paying one and a half times what the eyeglasses originally cost.  Furthermore, if you ask for a refund period you will at best only get back half what you originally sent them and they will delay refunding the money with every excuse imaginable.  Finally, trying to deal with their customer service representatives is like try to deal with the Gestapo.  They are arrogant, rude and totally unwilling to negotiate a reasonable solution to any issue you have.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/16/2013 11:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ZENNI-Optical/internet/ZENNI-Optical-Rip-off-eyeglass-sales-company-Internet-1043705. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ZENNI Optical

Our apologies

AUTHOR: Zenni Optical - ()

Hi Cuja,

I'm so sorry to hear you had a negative experience ordering with our company. We're actually an American based company, with our headquarters located in the Bay Area and and have been in the industry for 11 years. We take pride in being able to provide affordable eyewear (including prescription glasses starting at $6.95) all around the world and have been fortunate enough to have gained a very loyal customer base. We have a 30-day warranty/return policy should your glasses ever need to be replaced or you decide that they're just not for you.

We can be reached by phone, email, live chat or via any one of our social media channels.

Thank you!

I didn't have a problem.

AUTHOR: Lori - ()

I had ordered a pair of glasses from Zenni, and I ordered the wrong color, by accident. I paid a whopping $36 for the glasses, with shipping (compared to the over $200 I spent on glasses at my optometrist). I emailed zenni, they got back to me within a day, letting me know that I had the option of a full store credit, or a 50% refund. I took the full store credit. I shipped them back, with a tracking number, for a whole $4.

When seeing that they had received the glasses that I returned, and not getting the store credit within two days, I emailed them. Again, they responded in a timely manner. I gave them the tracking number, and within ten minutes, I had my store credit, and was able to order a new pair. I actually ordered a second pair at that time, as well. I received both pairs in ten days, and could not be happier with my purchase. I did get a tracking number, thank God, so when they said they didn't receive the glasses, I was able to provide the tracking number. As soon as I provided that number, they were very quick with issuing my store credit. I will gladly order from them again.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Could not be happier!

AUTHOR: Ynotby - ()

I have ordered two pair of glasses from Zenni and besides saving over $1000 the glasses are very attractive and sturdy. I am pleased my sight in both pair is correct. When I had questions and e-mailed Zenni, the response was quick and extremely helpful.

One pair of my glasses is rimless and are incredibly light, fashionable and over a year old and perfectly fine. My other pair I chose a heavier metal frame because I fall asleep a lot in my glasses and are not as careful with glasses as I should be. Those glasses have been put through a combat zone with me and are perfectly fine a year later also.

My prescription lenses were hundreds and hundreds of dollars at my old optical place and they said you get what you pay for so I shouldn't go to a low cost lens. Well I am shocked that $20 buys me a study and effective pair of glasses and intend to buy many more.

Couldn't be happier with my Zenni purchase!

#4 General Comment

Are you sure?

AUTHOR: slimeline - ()

1) I am not employed by or getting any money from this company.

2) Yes - I think you are correct that the glasses are made in China.  They are also reasonably priced.  For as long as I can remember optical shops have been RIPPING OFF the American consumer by applying HUGE mark ups on glasses.  Before discovering this company I always paid atleast $250 for glasses that cost (my estimate) $10-$20 to make.  If the Chinese are going to help me not get ripped off, and help put the people that have been ripping me off all these years out of business then I'm glad on both counts.  SCREW optical shops!  They have been ripping us off for years with massive mark ups.

3) I've returned glasses to them, and yes, I paid about $2 to ship them back for inspection.  They approved either a new (same) pair of glasses or another style without any problems, arguments, or negotiations.  It wasn't a big deal.

4) If you pay $30 for a pair of glasses, and then end up paying another $2 to ship them back if there is a problem, you are still way better off than paying $300 for the SAME THING at some shop.

5) I don't know what kind of problem you had with them, but I'm very happy.  I even ordered several pairs of their basic $6 glasses to keep in each car and at my office just in case my every day glasses get broken or lost -so out of 6 glasses ordered, 1 had a problem, it was quickly and easily replaced.