Complaint Review: ZIEGLER AUTO SERVICE & TOWING

• Submitted: Mon, January 28, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, January 28, 2013

• Reported By: NO LADY HERE — WEST CHESTER Ohio United States of America
ZIEGLER AUTO SERVICE & TOWING
8590 BLUE ASH RD, Cincinnati, OH 45236 CINCINNATI, Ohio United States of America

ZIEGLER AUTO SERVICE & TOWING Took $1350 & didn't repair my vehicle, refused refund CINCINNATI, Ohio

I took my vehicle to this business "Ziegler Auto Service",  for repair and was told I had a running problem as well as another costly problem of high priority & was given an estimate of $1400. I explained to the mechanic Nick how I am a single mother and these repairs would deplete my entire savings and as such I wanted him to make sure the diagnosis was absolutely accurate as I could not afford any further repairs. I was adamant about requesting he cancel out any other possible major repair work before working on my vehicle.  He assured me and said even his boss Jim had assessed the vehicle as well and had come to the same conclusion.  I paid $1350. and then discovered not long after picking up my vehicle that the same running problem existed.

I took my vehicle back to the garage and received no communication unless I initiated it over a day and a half passed by and no one called to offer any ETA or inform me of the status of my vehicle.   Eventually I spoke to Jim Ziegler he said my vehicle had been "sent out" to some other place. He admitted & apologized for lack of communication and informed no matter the problem he would make sure my vehicle was fixed and at no further charge to me and now he would be my only contact.   However, when I called Jim after I picked up my vehicle the second time to tell him that again the initial problem with my vehicle existed he became immediately angry telling me he had an argument with his mechanic that day because the estimate he gave me was wrong and should have been WAY more.  He said I should thank him for the over three hundred dollars he had to sink into my vehicle that day as well as for the free battery he put in it. (?? unauthorized & unnecessary)  I explained to him that at that moment I was driving with my hazard lights on and traffic backing up behind me with my car in the exact same condition I gave it to him the first time then questioned him about his ridiculous theory of him deserving thanks.  He then became belligerent and told me I was not a lady and that I need to learn when to shut your mouth and proceeded to hang up on me several times.

I had a third party intervene at that time who resumed communication with Jim.  My vehicle was again taken in for a third time for repair to fix the remaining running problem.  The third party called to ask about the status of my vehicle and Jim came to the phone and said its ready, offered no explanation and quickly hung up before any questions could be asked.  I went to the garage to pick up my vehicle and was handed the keys by a man I hadnt met before.  He told me Jim told him to tell me its not fixed that they would not work on it further.  I explained the above to the man who told me lady, I am just a salesman here I dont have anything to do with it.  I told him I needed  to speak to Jim  b/c  I wanted  a refund  as my car is exactly the same.  The man left to talk to Jim, who was in the other room and would not come out,  to came back & report Jim said I would get no refund b/c  the work was done.  I could not believe my ears!! Funny how "Jim" wouldn't even have the decency to tell me these messages to my face.  My friend who was waiting for me outside told me Nick the mechanic approached the lobby entrance while I was inside with my back to the door but quickly turned around without entering, got into a vehicle and sped away from the premises.

I gave that business my entire savings to fix my vehicle that is exactly the same... I felt like I was getting "punk'd"... nope... it's VERY real.  I can't take it anywhere else, or even try to buy another vehicle at this point. WOW what a predicament I am in....... and my guess is I'm not the first or last one to fall victim to these shysters.  Since they have all my money and they know it, I bet they think I have no other recourse but to walk away and take it like a "lady"..... WRONG!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/28/2013 09:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ZIEGLER-AUTO-SERVICE-TOWING/CINCINNATI-Ohio-45236/ZIEGLER-AUTO-SERVICE-TOWING-Took-1350-didnt-repair-my-vehicle-refused-refund-CINC-1004707. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ZIEGLER AUTO SERVICE & TOWING