Complaint Review: ZURICH & SHAW FINANCIAL GROUP And TCF NATIONAL BANK

• Submitted: Fri, June 15, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, June 15, 2007

• Reported By:Brandon Mississippi
ZURICH & SHAW FINANCIAL GROUP And TCF NATIONAL BANK
2626 14th Ave. And 801 Marquette Ave. Regina SK S4N OA1 And Minneapolis MN 55402-3475, Saskatchewan U.S.A.

ZURICH & SHAW FINANCIAL GROUP And TCF NATIONAL BANK Both Companies are a RIPOFF. Z & S is based out of Canada. I don't know how TCF can stay in business! Regina SK S4N OA1 And Minneapolis MN 55402-3475 Saskatchewan Canada

I was sent a letter in the mail, stating that I was a winner of NORTH AMERICAN UTILITIES drawing held on APRIL 12th, 2007 and had been awarded a lump sum of $46,500.00.

Enclosed was a check for $2,850.00 which was to cover the charges/fees required to be paid. prior to receiving my winnings. The letter also told me to keep my winning confidential until my prize money was received.
I was told to call my payment coordinator Mr. Kingsley or Mrs. Sylvia Park at 1-306-351-0173 as soon as I received this letter to be assisted in the finalization of the payment process. The letter also states that awards are redeemable no later than July 2, 2007. I called the number but got an answering machine telling me the hours of business was 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.

Fortunately, after I didn't get an answer I went online and did a little research B-4 I made a total idiot of myself and I haven't called them back. I found that Zurich & Shaw are based out of Canada and also have locations in Carmel-By-the-Sea,California, Haleyville and Valley,Alabama and Regina,Kentucky all have the 2626 14th Avenue address.

I found a ripoff report on Zurich & Shaw, from Deb in Johnstown, Pennsylvania, her winnings were the exact amount as mine but her check was not as much as mine.
I have my check in hand, it is marked TCF NATIONAL BANK OFFICIAL CHECK.

WISH I COULD CASH IT!
UNFORTUNATELY, I also found several ripoff reports on TCF NATIONAL BANK.
I'm going to try to find a phone number for them so I can call and see what they tell me.
I am also going to turn both companies in to the local authorities.

Crestine
Brandon, Mississippi

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/15/2007 05:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ZURICH-SHAW-FINANCIAL-GROUP-And-TCF-NATIONAL-BANK/Regina-SK-S4N-OA1-And-Minneapolis-MN-55402-3475-Saskatchewan-S4N-OA1-and-55402/ZURICH-SHAW-FINANCIAL-GROUP-And-TCF-NATIONAL-BANK-Both-Companies-are-a-RIPOFF-Z-S-is-254802. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ZURICH & SHAW FINANCIAL GROUP And TCF NATIONAL BANK