Complaint Review: Zaccardi's/Theme Gifts

• Submitted: Fri, March 23, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, March 23, 2012

• Reported By: Mary — Woodbridge California U.S.A.
Zaccardi's/Theme Gifts
1 Acadia Pl Yonkers, New York United States of America

Zaccardi's/Theme Gifts Sent wrong item, then claimed it was damaged on return. Yonkers, New York

They're terrible.  I ordered four coffee filters and they sent three of the correct size and one that was too large.  They finally gave me a return authorization but by that time I'd read all the bad reviews and realized I'd get no satisfaction.

I returned it with delivery confirmation and they insisted on having it 20 days from the day they shipped to me (website says 30 days) and they had some scam going with the local post office where they kept refusing it.  It was in NY for six days before it was finally delivered after I contacted the Postal Inspector.

After a week of no response I emailed asking for my replacement.  "Customer no service" replied that the filter I returned was indeed the same size as the others I'd received and that further it was damaged and I'd be receiving no replacement.   Also, they would charge me a $50 administrative fee if I initiated a chargeback on my credit card.

Sadly, there are numerous poor reviews on the www and an "F" rating with the local BBB and Amazon still allows them to sell.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/23/2012 12:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ZaccardisTheme-Gifts/Yonkers-New-York-107190/ZaccardisTheme-Gifts-Sent-wrong-item-then-claimed-it-was-damaged-on-return-Yonkers-Ne-858373. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Zaccardi's/Theme Gifts