I'm CURRENTLY in the process of going through the same thing everyone else on here has posted about ZALES!! EVERY complaint posted on this site is TRUE! I only wish I'd come across this site before I EVER decided to get my ring sized! Here's the scoop:
1. I took my ring in to be sized and asked the sales girl if they ever had missing rings, damages, loss etc ... and did they have insurance - she said if ANYTHING happened Zales would replace with no problem! They'd make it all good! So I left my ring.
2. They call me to come pick the ring up and they don't tell me that they cracked the stone during sizing. I walk outta the store with the ring and notice the rock is throwing sparks in an odd pattern like never before. Within 10 minutes of walkin' outta the store I see that the ring is fractured. I call the sales girl and she says the store manager, Colleen Cost will be in the next day and she'll fix it all.
3. I go into the store where I encounter Colleen Cost, the store manager and she tries to tell me that the fractures and cracks in the ring are probably "natural inclusions" I tell her absolutely not true. I tell her then and there that I want the ring replaced entirely. She says her regional manager will probably just have her cut me a check for the replacement value - I tell her that is exactly what I want. Then she tries to argue for me having them repair the ring - I tell her no way I can't risk it ( since their jeweler didn't notify me of the damage in the first place I know their jeweler is dishonest at the very least )
4. I go back to find out what the story is about what their going to do for the ring and she tells me that her manager really needs to look at the ring so he knows what's going on. I finally agree to let her SHOW it to him because he will need to look at it but that is all I give my permission for - but I tell her - NO REPAIRS are authorized!
5. I come home and about midweek I get a message on my machine that she has sent the ring to the jeweler so they can figure out what they want to do!!!! I nearly go ballistic at this point!
6. I go into the store and say - I'm here to pick up the ring. She says - did someone call you? I say no - I want the ring, I'm here to pick it up! She then tells me that BOB SHINE took it and he has it at the jewelers! I tell her that BOB does not have my permission to be in possession of my ring and that if it is not returned ASAP I will call the police and that I absolutely did not authorize any repairs. At this point Colleen LIES to me and tells me no repairs have been done!
7. My spouse got a phone call from Colleen Cost today stating the ring has been REPAIRED and will be in TOMORROW!
The reason I said no to the repairs was because of all the reports on this website I read AFTER they had cracked the stone in my ring AND the fact that they do terrible repairs, lie, and 1/2 the time your jewelry ends up MIA!!!
I am thinking I will report them to the Federal Trade Commission and sue them. Also, I just want to do all I can to make sure that nobody has to go through this like me and the rest of the people who had to come to this website to get the word out.
Oh yeah - Bob Shine has at least one other complaint on this website that I found!
I don't see the difference between Zales and organized crime, really.