Complaint Review: Zara Wigs , Nala & Company

• Submitted: Tue, March 10, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, October 21, 2009

• Reported By:Toronto Ontario
Zara Wigs , Nala & Company
810 Wine Ct Petaluma, California U.S.A.

Zara Wigs ,Nala & Company Beware of Zara Wigs ,Nala & Company There lace front wigs don't like the same in person Petaluma California

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Response to complaint

Sept 29 2008 I paid $480.00 plus 45 international shipping for a customdeep wavy lace front wig I ordered from Zara Wigs (Nala & Company). I received it the first week of Jan 2009. The wig looks nothing like the website. After calling Kate G. she told me on the phone they style there wigs on there website and you can't expect the wig to look the same in person. She told me because they use a different box for international shipping the wigs hair volume would be different. So put the wig in lukewarm water for 30 secs use a big tooth comb threw it and let it air dry and the hair should look similar to the websites picture. After doing that it made no difference. Plus there looks like a synthetic lace front wig.

After calling them and explaining it made no difference Kate lied to me and mentioned she never told me they style the wigs on there website. She told me not to call back.They also don't offer refunds regardless of how the hair looks just exchanges for wigs that look the same as the one I received.

So ladies do your research I spoke to members of blackhairmediaforum and this isn't the first time they have done this to people. They advertise themselves for women that are suffering from hair loss and cancer. I don't want to see anyone get ripped off like I did. Plus they purposely set it up the they give you the wig within 3months because Paypal doesn't refund you any money after 45 days.

BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE of ZARAWIGS (NALA & COMPANY) its run by Miracle Wanzo & Kate G. I really believe there the same person. Because before I spoke to lady named Michelle which I believe could be Miracle and I swear Kate sounds just like her. They both have an attitude in there voice and hangups.

Dawn
Toronto, Ontario
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/10/2009 09:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Zara-Wigs-Nala-Company/Petaluma-California-94954/Zara-Wigs-Nala-Company-Beware-of-Zara-Wigs-Nala-Company-There-lace-front-wigs-dont-432621. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Zara Wigs , Nala & Company

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Response to complaint

AUTHOR: Zarawigs.com Customer Service - (USA)

This customer's order was quite an ordeal. She ordered a custom made curly haired wig. When we ship international orders, we use a flat box, to fit within the dimensional weight requirements of FedEx. Our standard wig box is cubic and allows more space, but shipping this box internationally is cost prohibitive, because of the size. As a result, we use a flatter box, which can sometimes cause a curly hair wig to arrive a bit flat.

When the customer received the wig, she did call and ask about the hair and she was instructed how to "fluff" the hair again. The customer then went onto a message board to post about how beautiful the wig was.

Time passed, and well after our return/exchange period had expired, the customer ran into financial issues and tried to sell the wig on the same message board. Many participants advised her that she was unlikely to get her full purchase price for the wig. It was only AFTER the customer realized she would be unlikely to sell the wig that she went on a campaign to say that we ripped her off and she did not get what she asked for.

She went on this same message board and complained that the wig looked nothing like what she ordered. Many people there replied to her that when she posted photographs (when she tried to sell the unit), that it looked just like what she ordered, based on the photograph on our website.

It was after this obvious campaign to ruin our company reputation that we were no longer able to help the customer. Keep in mind the customer even admitted, on this message board, that she was well aware of the return policy, she attempted to use these tactics to force us to give her a refund once she was unable to recover her costs for the wig by reselling it.

We do not purposely set up our policies to avoid refund time frames. Custom made wigs take quite some time to produce as they are 100% handmade.

Also, the customer resorted to claiming that the hair was not human hair, ONLY AFTER she was unable to sell it, she never made this claim before.

We don't hang up on customers, however, we have a strict policy to discontinue a conversation when a customer resorts to profanity and abusive behavior.

The only person this customer ever spoke to, ever, was Kate, at the time Kate was the only person handling telephone calls. Kate never hung up on her and treated her with the utmost respect. it just became unbearable and we were unable to continue long conversations with her.

We run a reputable company, however, we do have a disproportionate number of difficult customers because of the nature of our target market. Some customers go for the look and glamour of a wig and are not in a situation to really be comfortable with the expense of a handmade lace front wig. Also, when making custom made wigs it can be a challenge as there are customers who expect a certain transformation that they are unable to attain. It's not that the wig is not made correctly, it's often that it doesn't look the way they THOUGHT it would look on them.

In this particular case, however, the customer waited well past our return/ exchange period. She was fine with the wig initially. If the wig really was not as described, and looked synthetic, you have to question her integrity in trying to sell it to another person at full price.

Liberals