• Report: #1111903

• Updated: Tue, December 31, 2013

• Reported By: Philippe Ballet — Vancouver British Columbia
Zen Dog Treat
Squamish, British Columbia Canada

Zen Dog Treat Killed My Dog! Buyer Beware! Zen Dog Treat Squamish British Columbia

*Consumer Comment: User of this product!

Last month my beautiful yellow lab, Cava, died because she ate Zen Dog liver treats made in Squamish, B.C. Canada. Her kidneys failed because of eating these liver treats. She first started having respiratory problems, and would try to vomit but nothing would come up. After the first trip to the vet, my vet told me that her lungs were full. Almost all of her organs failed. What is worse is that I have discovered that I am not the only one. I do not understand how pet stores continue to keep these liver treats on their shelves? I only hope this does not happen to any other beloved pets. No animal should have suffered as my Cava did, and  no family should have to witness their pet die such an agonizing death.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/31/2013 10:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Zen-Dog-Treat/Squamish-British-Columbia/Zen-Dog-Treat-Killed-My-Dog-Buyer-Beware-Zen-Dog-Treat-Squamish-British-Columbia-1111903. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Zen Dog Treat

User of this product!

AUTHOR: Deb - ()

It's very sad news about your lovely lab Cava.  I'm sorry to hear this.

but I and many of my friends and local veterinarians use this product every day. I personally have fed these treats to my cats and dogs for eight years now with never a problem!  I have never heard another report about a problem with this product.

I will still use this product with every confidence in the safety of these treats.

I personally have visited the small business site on where they are produced and it's completely clean and sterilized And also know the product is ordered in and done fresh by the owners themselves.

This is not like so many of the treats made for pets produced in China. This product is made with pure love for all the pets out there that love it.  What you are getting is pure dried pork liver nothing else!!. Nothing added!!

Again im so sorry to hear about your beloved dog but I feel this product it totally safe!