Complaint Review: Zenith Acquisition Corp.

• Submitted: Tue, October 25, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, October 28, 2011

• Reported By: eke0506 — palm bay Florida United States of America
Zenith Acquisition Corp.
170 Northpointe Parkway, Suite300 Amherst, New York United States of America

Zenith Acquisition Corp. North Star Capital Acquisition Verbally Abusive and Disrespectful Amherst, New York

*Consumer Comment: Hang up on them

*Consumer Comment: Comments

Hello everyone,

I contacted Zenith Acquisition Corp. aka NorthStar Acquisition on 10/24/2011 at 6pm eastern time. The women that answered the phone and the manager where both verbally abusive and my 2 small children could hear their nasty words. They said "you shouldn't have got a card then" "I can access you credit anytime I want to" and "pay your bills." I feel very disrespected because little do those "women" know my husband just got laid off and we are losing our home amongst other things. This verbal abuse needs to be dealt with accordingly and I greatly appreciate any help. They also better not access my report or I believe this would be fraud? I also refuse to pay a time to the account until it transfers to someone else. Credit cards and their collectors are just legal criminals!

Regards,

To all at the mercy of this heinous company

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/25/2011 05:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Zenith-Acquisition-Corp/Amherst-New-York-14228/Zenith-Acquisition-Corp-North-Star-Capital-Acquisition-Verbally-Abusive-and-Disrespectful-791879. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Zenith Acquisition Corp.

Hang up on them

AUTHOR: msmontecarlo - (USA)

If any collection agency sppoke to me that way I would of hung up on them then If thier # showed up on my caller ID I would of put a block on thier#s to prevent me from calling my house . If they sent me a letter I would of sent a cease communications letter certified.
The 1st response is right never talk to these folks they cannot be trusted.

Comments

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

First of all you NEVER talk to a collection agency over the phone.  You should only communicate with them through mail.  This way there is proof of what was said/agreed to in writing.  I am not defending this(or any) collection agency, just giving you some things to think about.

- If those are the worst things they said that is hardly "abusive".  But easily fixed by you not talking to them over the phone.

- Little do you know but they don't care the reason why you are not paying.  Their job is to collect on a bad debt.

They also better not access my report or I believe this would be fraud?
- Nope..not fraud.  Them accessing it would be considered a permissible purpose.

I also refuse to pay a time to the account until it transfers to someone else.
- You unfortunately don't get to make that determination as to who collects the debt.  But the good news(if you can call it that) is that if you don't pay them after a while they will sell it to the next collection agency.  But don't expect the next one to be any nicer.  In fact be aware that generally the farther "down" you go the worse they get.

You probably should get familiar with the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act(FDCPA).  This is what Debt Collectors must follow when attempting to collect a debt.  If they don't follow it you can turn the tables on them and file suit against them for violations.

Credit cards and their collectors are just legal criminals!
- You don't want to hear this but the credit card companies didn't force you to borrow the money.   That was your choice.  You are right about it being legal, because they are trying to hold you to the legal agreement you made when you borrowed the money.