Complaint Review: Zenith Plasma

• Submitted: Thu, June 04, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, June 04, 2009

• Reported By:RINCON Georgia
Zenith Plasma
201 James Record Road Huntsville, Alabama U.S.A.

Zenith LG Plasma Zenith/LG sold defective plasmas and won't repair; act as if I am first to complain Huntsville Alabama

*Consumer Comment: LG

*Consumer Comment: Did it last the warranty period?

I purchased a Zenith 50 plasma for Christmas 2005. On Christmas eve, I had to take it back to the Best Buy because the picture was defective. They were not happy about replacing the TV which was purchased online only 4 days prior.

On March 15, 2009, the $3000 plasma popped and went out. My husband searched the net while I contacted Zenith/LG immediately. After finally locating my receipt, Zenith/LG tell me they can't help me since it is out of warrenty.

The TV is only 3 years old and I paid $3000 for it. Not to mention, I am by far the only person with this issue. When I called, they act as if I am the first person to call - same thing they apparently tell everyone.

I would like to join in a class action lawsuit against Zenith/LG for selling defective products. markivy@markivy.com

I plan to contact the law group that recently settled the suit against Zenith/LG for defective lamp bulbs in their projection TVs to see what they have to say. Apparently, LG has suits against them on the front load washers as well.

I would love to hear from others with any information on a class action suit since I know from research that I am not the only one. I will be letting others know via every site I can - DO NOT BUY ZENITH OR LG!

Dead eye
RINCON, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/04/2009 10:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Zenith-Plasma/Huntsville-Alabama-35824/Zenith-LG-Plasma-ZenithLG-sold-defective-plasmas-and-wont-repair-act-as-if-I-am-first-t-458509. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Zenith Plasma

AUTHOR: SocratesAL - (U.S.A.)

LG ( Lucky Goldstar ) products have ALWAYS been crap. And now they own the Zenith name ( same crap, just a different name on the product ). The next time you decide to purchase any electronic product, do your research on the web. There are several really good forums you can visit to get actual consumer views. This will save you a lot of time, money and heartache.

Did it last the warranty period?

AUTHOR: Ashley - (U.S.A.)

Did the TV last the stated warranty period? If so, then the manufacturer did their job and produced a product that was guaranteed to last for that length of time.

How long is a company supposed to warranty their product for? 1 year? 2 years? 3 years? 5 years? 10 years? indefinitely?

ANY product you purchase is on you to fix when its outside of the warranty. If you buy a car and they warranty it for 50,000 miles, and it breaks down at 51,000 miles you don't go screaming at the car company. You pay to have someone fix it.

Good luck.