Complaint Review: Zenni Optical. Com

• Submitted: Fri, October 10, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, January 28, 2010

• Reported By:Smyrna Georgia
Zenni Optical. Com
zennioptical.com , California U.S.A.

Zenni Optical. Com Zero Customer Service once you've received your order. Downright nasty. On-line California

*Consumer Suggestion: glasses online n ordering

*Consumer Comment: remedy

*Consumer Suggestion: You get what you paid for....

I ordered a pair of bifocals from Zenni based on their catalogue recommendation of frames good for bifocals.

When they arrived, the nose guards are attached to a wire that is too long and too far from the lens. Therefore, when you look down, you are looking below the bottom of the frame. Can't use the reading part and, because they are so far from my face, the bifocal line is very visible.

I have 4 other pair of glasses that have the nose guards right up against the lens, and, therefore, in perfect position.

I called to ask what I could do about that and was told, and I quote, "That's the frame your chose and ordered. If you don't want them, you can return them for 50% refund."

I explained that I wanted a resolution to the problem, not a loss of 50% since Zenni recommended these frames for bifocals. In a nasty tone, the rep repeated their refund policy. I asked for a supervisor.

After about a 6 minute wait, the supervisor got on in a rushed tone, got immediately nasty, telling me that she has two pair of this frame and loves them. She told me it was my fault for ordering that style and repeated the 50% policy. She rudely asked if I wanted a return authorization # or NOT!

I told her I was going to broadcast this outrageous behavior and Zenni policy of non-customer service and her exact words were. "Go right ahead".

Bette
Smyrna, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/10/2008 11:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Zenni-Optical-Com/California/Zenni-Optical-Com-Zero-Customer-Service-once-youve-received-your-order-Downright-nasty-380091. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Zenni Optical. Com

#1 Consumer Suggestion

glasses online n ordering

AUTHOR: consumer - (Canada)

I have also ordered from Zenni, 3 pairs later I am happy with the fit of 2. I had to self adjust using warmed up salt on the part to be adjusted. This is not the ideal solution to an entirely wrong pair. But I must admit, it took me a while to understand 'how'' to order from such a website.  I accept that for 1/10th of the cost of 'storefront' operation, I get 'knockoff' glasses.

I hope this helps.

remedy

AUTHOR: Optigirl - (U.S.A.)

The problem you describe can be easily fixed by a proper adjustment from an optician.

I won't go into my personal feelings bout taking an inferior product to a professional and asking them to adjust them for you. Most places will do this at no charge to maintain their customer service reputation.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

You get what you paid for....

AUTHOR: Josh - (U.S.A.)

First, I would like to say that the supervisor should have been more polite while handling this manner, if that is the way he sounded. No way for a professional to act.

Now, onto the glasses. I do not understand why people go and order glasses online, whether it be single vision, lined bifocals, or progressives. There is no way for those people to truly get a proper feel for how the glasses are going to feel and how they should fit. Anyone who uses these websites are taking a chance that these people will get the glasses right the first time.

Have you tried to have them adjusted since getting them? Could be nothing more than the frames needing adjusting to properly fit your face.

I would rather have people see an optician in a local shop than take their chances with these garbage websites. They may not be able to offer those low prices the sites may offer, but you know you are dealing with someone who is trained to fit eyeglasses and will make sure everything is right before you leave with the glasses, instead of some data entry clerk just punching in numbers in a damn computer.