Complaint Review: Zenni Optical

• Reported By: Jay — Alabama
Zenni Optical
Internet USA

Zenni Optical Poor Customer Service, No Refund  Internet

I ordered two sets of glasses from Zenni at the beginning of June to replace a recently broken pair. The prices were cheap and a friend had told me that she had ordered from them before with no problem. This was my first time using the website, so I was a little skeptical. The shipping estimate was 14 days, which was okay considering that I still had some contacts to wear in the meantime. Today I decided to see where the progress was in shipping, since it had been over two weeks, and discovered that my order had been cancelled. There was no advance warning and no notice. I contacted the customer service online chat and asked them why my order had been cancelled. The customer service person named Judy (although probably foreign because of the poor grammar used) informed me that my order had been cancelled because I failed to confirm the pupil distance (PD). I responded that I had not received any notification that I needed to confirm anything. Judy told me that they had emailed me twice and called me, however I have no record of any of these attempts. Judy then informed me that I would need to reorder and that it would take another 14 days of shipping unless I wanted to pay $18.95 for expedited shipping which would deliver between 10-12 days. I asked her if there was any faster way to get them to which she replied No. She claimed that a refund had already been processed, but a look at my card statement showed that there was no refund initiated. I then asked if I could receieve a reduced shipping rate or discount since I would have to reorder and wait when the intitial cancellation was not my fault. Judy responded No. I then said that I would have to take my business elsewhere because Zenni was not working with me and I did not feel confident that a reorder would be the best decision. Judy simply said if I had any more questions to try another chat or to call the 1-800 number. I will be on the lookout for my refund, but I will not be shopping with Zenni again.

After reading some of the other customer complaints, I am sorry that I ever purchased from Zenni becuase it does not look like I will be receiving a refund in the near future.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/17/2013 08:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Zenni-Optical/internet/Zenni-Optical-Poor-Customer-Service-No-Refundnbsp-Internet-1059690. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Zenni Optical