Complaint Review: Ziebart

• Updated: Thu, February 24, 2011

• Reported By: Debra — Willis Michigan United States of America
Ziebart
2272 Ellsworth Ypsilanti, Michigan United States of America

Ziebart devastated the finish on my 11 day old, black auto with their Diamond Gloss protection Ypsilanti, Michigan

I purchased a new 2011 black auto and within 11 days took it to Ziebart for tinting of the back and rear windows.  I was convinced by the saleperson to purchase the Diamond Gloss Finish to prevent tree sap and bird dropping from taking effect of the new finish.  The car received a wash at Ziebart's location and the procedure of protection and rust proofing.  A week after this process, I noticed "spider web circlings" on the finish of my car and called Ziebart with this concern.  They stated that the car was black and after the first washing it will never look like it did before.  The car was only 11 days old and it has an old appearance if you look closely.  I had a desire to only hand wash the car and use "leather hind" or microfiber cloth to prevent any fine scratches on the car for as long as possible.  I never had a chance to do this because it has "spider web circlings" all over the finish via Ziebart in Ypsilanti.  They asked to perform the task a second time and my preference is to have a refund whereas I can go someplace else.  They refused, now stating that the car is black and that is the problem and also that perhaps it happened at the dealer where I purchased the car 11 days ago.  I am utterly heartbroken, because this was a brand new car.  I have been purchasing used cars over the years and truly wanted to preserve this one inside and out.  I should have taken my chances with the tree sap and bird droppings versus allowing this company to disappoint me and damage my brand new car's finish.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/24/2011 07:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ziebart/Ypsilanti-Michigan-48197/Ziebart-devastated-the-finish-on-my-11-day-old-black-auto-with-their-Diamond-Gloss-prote-699286. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ziebart