• Report: #193658

• Updated: Thu, October 25, 2012

• Reported By:Alto Michigan
Zodiac Pools - KD Pools - Pools Plus
7050 St. Patrick St LaSalle, Quebec Canada

Zodiac Pools - KD Pools - Pools Plus ripoff indestructable pool destroyed from normal usage and company does not want to guarantee product LaSalle Quebec

*UPDATE Employee: Rebuttal

After purchasing a pool that was sold as indestructable, per their sales lit and video, and salesman selling the pool at Pools Plus in Grand Rapids Michigan, we destroyed the second pool in a two year time, The first pool collapsed for no apparent reason destroying my landscape with 9,000 gallons of water. We received another pool in December after months of fighting with the company. We put up this replacement pool and noticed after a couple of weeks that the liner was melting and rubbing off onto my guests leaving a blue sticky material. After contacting the company, they relized that they had made a protective cover to go around the pool to keep from getting sticky. They will send me a pool liner and this new part, they want me to pay them aprox $200.00 in shipping and pay for the new rail covers. At this time, this is my second pool from this manufacturer, and I dont feel I should have to pay for shipping another pool due to poor manufacturing on their part. If you are considering one of these quick set up/destructable pools, I would suggest looking into a inground pool, It will cost you less in the long run. They are sold under Zodiac or KD Pools.

Shelly
Alto, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/28/2006 12:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Zodiac-Pools-KD-Pools-Pools-Plus/LaSalle-Quebec/Zodiac-Pools-KD-Pools-Pools-Plus-ripoff-indestructable-pool-destroyed-from-normal-usag-193658. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Zodiac Pools - KD Pools - Pools Plus

Rebuttal

AUTHOR: Pools Plus Inc. - (United States of America)

Shelly,

We are sorry that you had issues with your KD Pool. From what we read you are more referencing Zodiac pools then us. Because you were working direct with them there wasn't much we could have done to help you out. KD Pools were very durable as compared to the now Intex pools that are soft sided. We stand behind any products we have sold in the past and sorry that you had an issue.

We at Pools Plus want to make sure all our customers are happy & will go to bat for them against manufacturers if needed. We can only uphold their warranties.