Complaint Review: Zoosk

• Submitted: Sat, September 10, 2011
  • Updated: Sat, September 10, 2011

• Reported By: James — Ellenwood Georgia U.S.A.
Zoosk
San Francisco, California United States of America

Zoosk Sneaky practices that eats up money at every turn. Not getting what I expected. San Francisco, California

Wish I'd read these stories before I took a chance on this site.  It was quite appealing on the draw because it wasn't the typical adult site that flashed nude body parts all over the place.  It looked respectable.  First flag was when I paid for a 6 month subscription and then they surprised me with an additional $20.00 "activation fee" just before punching the "Order" button.  I held out for a while but finally took the bait.  Now the reality check:  There are a FEW authentic subscribers in my area but from my experience over the past few days, most of these potential contacts are non existent though they have signed on at some time long ago.  Zoosk also has the "scientific match" tool that is nothing less than a farce. Some of the matches are over 50% incompatible but yet, they somehow find it as a match.  You will rarely get to speak with anyone from your area.

The next problem was money.  They have a lot of gadgets on the site that boosts your chance of getting a response from the other party (i.e. tools for "gifts" and other tools to ensure your message is delivered and read by the other party.  HUH?  That was part of why I paid for the subscription; not just to have access to the site.  I strongly urge anyone considering joining Zooks, NOT TO; just don't do it.  If I lose every bit of this $90.00 invested thus far, it would be worth it to know that I helped save others from this fraud.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/10/2011 03:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Zoosk/San-Francisco-California-/Zoosk-Sneaky-practices-that-eats-up-money-at-every-turn-Not-getting-what-I-expected-Sa-775261. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Zoosk