Complaint Review: Zynex Medical

• Reported By: DD — Highlands Ranch Colorado United States of America
Zynex Medical
9990 Park Meadows Drive Lone Tree, Colorado United States of America

Zynex Medical "Over bills for its products" Lone Tree, Colorado

Zynex is one of many reasons why health care costs so expensive.  The company over bills insurance companies a ridiculous amount of money for their products.  I received a TrueWave TENS Unit post-op, a knee surgery back in 2010.  Zynex billed my insurance company $278 MONTHLY for rental of the equipment and $170 MONTHLY for supplies (which included:  5 - 9 volt batteries and 5 - sets of electrodes) for over 6 months.  My insurance company paid the entire amount in full with no issues.  I have recently started working in the medical field and part of my job involves billing. Come to find out that the TrueWave product is approximately cost (on a high end product) $200, electrodes are $6-8 and batteries $10-15.

Early this year, I was contacted by a representative of Zynex requesting I return the product and forward the last insurance payment to Zynex directly.  I explained that I had forwarded the most recent payment from my insurance company and then questioned her at what point do I own the product since my insurance company paid (by this point around $3,800) for all these products.

She stated I owned the TrueWave TENS Unit at that point and that my account was closed.

It is now 12/2012 and they are still trying to bill me for a remainder of $400, they claim I owe, for a machine that is worth $200 and they have already profited significantly from (total amount insurance paid for everything $3,800).

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/05/2012 11:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Zynex-Medical/Lone-Tree-Colorado-80124/Zynex-Medical-Over-bills-for-its-products-Lone-Tree-Colorado-978254. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Zynex Medical