Complaint Review: A & E Factory Service

• Submitted: Tue, January 27, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, January 27, 2009

• Reported By:Akron Ohio
A & E Factory Service
www.aefactoryservice.com Akron, Ohio U.S.A.

A & E Factory Service can't or will not provide estimates before coming out Akron Ohio

I am not saying that A & E Factory Service is a rip off, I just was cautious after reading so many complaints about their service so I called them and was frustrated by their call centers replies to my questions and canceled the appointment I had.

I made an appointment for my gas dryer to be repaired over the weekend through Whirlpool and was told to call A & E after the weekend to get the cost of the service call and confirm that they got the message of what part I knew I needed for sure.

When I called, the rep said that it would be a $65.00 service call and that I would receive an estimate from the technician at that time. Knowing for sure that I needed a part replaced (and I provided the part #) I simply asked if I could get an estimate over the phone for just that part & labor if indeed the technician found nothing else wrong.

He said "we are just a call center and can't do that, only the technician on site can do that". I told him I thought that I understood the technician could find something else wrong with the dryer and I would accept that, I just wanted to get an idea of the additional parts and labor costs based on what I knew I needed so I could figure out if it was even worth repairing.

Then he floored me with his reply of "Sorry again sir, but I can't do that and we NEVER listen to what a customer thinks they need, that's the technicians job".

LOL - I can understand that lots of consumers aren't experts, but if I know I need a $5.00 part and can maybe get lucky and not have to have the guy make 2 trips, cant they focus on the customer and at least say it will cost about this much sir and if you are wrong about the part, no returns! I could live with that!

So, canceled since I have no idea what their final charges could have approximately been and decided to buy mama a new one since the old one is about 12 years old.

I did suggest to the rep to tell his boss how they lost business as in these difficult economic times, it did not seem to me that A&E was customer focused at all based on my conversation with him.

Akron, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/27/2009 07:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/A-E-Factory-Service/Akron-Ohio-44312/A-E-Factory-Service-cant-or-will-not-provide-estimates-before-coming-out-Akron-Ohio-416689. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on A & E Factory Service