Complaint Review: A & E Factory Service

• Updated: Sat, August 29, 2009

• Reported By: Gail — Pleasant Grove Utah USA
A & E Factory Service
www.aefactoryservice.com Pleasant Grove, Utah United States of America

A & E Factory Service DO ask who will be doing your appliance warranty or repair! PICK ANY OTHER COMPANY over A & E!! Pleasant Grove, Utah

Nine year old Maytag washing machine on the fritz 8/3/09.  Called Maytag warranty number to ask who they recommended.  Least expensive and best service would be provided by A & E Factory Service.  Asked A & E what diagnostic would cost - $65.00.  Scheduled appointment for 8/5.  Came out, said the timer in the door was faulty, said I'd have to pay for diagnostic and part - $99.15.  Called when I got the part, Came out to install 8/15.  Different serviceman.  I commented that had I known I wouldn't get the same guy, I'd have passed on their company.  Turned out he (seemingly) was better than the first - said it was diagnosed wrong, 90% positive it was a bad motor.  Pretty big diff between a timer and a motor, I'd think.  Said I wouldn't have to pay for another trip for future diagnosing, would get a refund for the part, and scheduled next visit for 8/22 when two servicemen would come to move out the unit and tear it apart.  Got a call 8/22, one of two servicemen scheduled was ill, had to reschedule.  Rescheduled for 8/25.

By now I'd done the research I should have done in the first past.  Decided I didn't want them tearing my washing machine apart on my brand new flooring, nine years was getting up there (sadly even for a Maytag), so I shopped/bought my replacement.  Called about getting the part refund - serviceman would have to come out to give it to me (and pick up the part which the prior serviceman left behind, I'm sure intentionally).  Guy showed up today, 8/29, said he couldn't give me a refund for an opened part package. And I'd been scheduled for a $129 diagnostic and I OWED THEM $33.15!  I say pardon me?  Go over the whole story including the fact that it wasn't me who opened the package.  He says he has to call to get permission to do any differently, his cell is in his truck, so he has to go outside to call though I offered him my cell.  Came back and said he couldn't get ahold of anyone but would write the ticket that I'd paid the $33.15, and if I wanted to do anything about a refund I'd have to do it by phone.  In other words, we'll do you a deal and you won't owe us any more money and just go ahead and try to weasel a refund out of us.  I should have kept the part, and crushed it just for a little venting project.

I'm not going to beg for the refund, would only elevate my B.P. I'm sure.  I'll complain to Maytag and negatively post everywhere I can find including their website.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/29/2009 04:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/A-E-Factory-Service/Pleasant-Grove-Utah-/A-E-Factory-Service-DO-ask-who-will-be-doing-your-appliance-warranty-or-repair-PICK-A-487182. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on A & E Factory Service