Complaint Review: A & E Factory Service

• Updated: Sat, October 17, 2009

• Reported By: GS — SF California USA
A & E Factory Service
1300 Louis Henna Blvd Roundrock, Texas United States of America

A & E Factory Service subsidiary of whirlpool corporation Frauulent operation! DO NOT USE THESE PEOPLE!!!! They will only scam you! Sixty-one reports and counting. Let's get a class action lawsuit going NOW!! Roundrock, Texas

*Consumer Comment: Burners worked?

I was referred to A & E Factory Service Company by the Whirlpool Corporation to fix my range. The burners worked fine but the oven would not heat up. The supposed service rep showed up on May 18, 2009. Instead of looking at the range he set up a laptop on my countertop and typed some things in. In under 10 minutes he announced I had a "bad ignitor" and it would have to be replaced. The cost: $248. (The stove only cost $375 five years ago) and had rarely been used. The guy then told me it would be $85 for the "diagnostics" he had just performed. I asked him if he would bill me and he said he couldn't. I then asked him if he would take a credit card and he said "NO!" That should have been my first clue. The guy wreaked scam artist and I wish I would have listened to my gut. Because of the high cost of replacement, I decided to save up for a new stove.

Six months without an oven went by and since I still could not afford a new one, I called another service company. The first thing he did was check behind the stove to see if it was getting any gas. The lever had been inadvertently pushed down so that no gas was getting to the oven. He flipped it up and the oven worked perfectly!

I immediately called Whirlpool to report that I had been defrauded and asked them for the name of the servicer they had referred me to. The rep asked me what had happened and when I explained the situation she said "oh, that is terrible!" "You need to demand your money back." She told me that the Company Whirpool had referred me to was "A & E Factory Service" and they had come to my home on May 18, 2009, which is approximately five months ago and my Invoice # was 74591253.

I then called A & E Factory Service, only to be met with a nasty customer service rep who became very evasive when I explained what had happened. He immediately told me "there would be no refund!" I asked to speak to his supervisor and he referred me to the "escalation department." This guy was even nastier and informed me there would be no refund no matter what happened and that, according to their policies, they can't refund money after three months. I told them that this was fraud so this situation would be an exception. He said "there would be no refund!" I responded that I would sue them if I had to and report them to the Attorneys General of their state. (They are located in Roundrock, TX) He immediately responded w/ "I am going to disconnect this call." I asked for a phone number of an executive of the Company and he said "I'm going to give you a name you can write a letter to and then I'm going to disconnect this call!" He gave me the name of Dale Ritter and an address of 1300 Louis Henna Blvd, Roundrock, TX  78664. When I asked for his phone number or an email address, he declined to give it.

I am not going to waste my time trying to get blood out of a stone with their ringleader. I went in to Ripoff Reports.com and found SIXTY-ONE reports on the company, all sounding almost exactly like what had happened to me. Those sixty-one reports are probably just a small percentage of the people who have actually been ripped off by this company as many do not take the time to complain. Some of these people who reported were taken for hundreds of dollars.

I think this Company would be a good candidate for a class-action lawsuit. What do you think?

I think this company has a real racket going. If you read the other reports you will see a lot of commonality in the way service calls are done and how customers are treated. I think this Dale Ritter needs to be thoroughly investigated. I bet you will be surprised in what you turn up.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/17/2009 02:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/A-E-Factory-Service/Roundrock-Texas-78664/A-E-Factory-Service-subsidiary-of-whirlpool-corporation-Frauulent-operation-DO-NOT-USE-510943. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on A & E Factory Service

Burners worked?

AUTHOR: Scottc - ()

How is it that the burners worked when there is only one natural gas inlet on gas ranges? By telling the technician that the burners worked, it would automatically eliminate the possibility of turning on the gas as a valid solution.