Complaint Review: A suburban auto imports

• Updated: Sun, January 26, 2014

• Reported By: jackie — hackettstown New Jersey
A suburban auto imports
2269 ne 164 th st North miami beach, Florida USA

A suburban auto imports False advertisment about a car and got scam North miami beach Florida

*UPDATE Employee: revise

*Consumer Suggestion: Sorry you got Ripped, but this is why cars should NOT be purchased without personal inspection..

On Nov 22nd 2013 my husband saw a 2009 suburu impressa on ebay. It was listed as runs like new needs nothing.clean car fax.my husband contacts the owner to ask questions about the car the owner reasures him the car is in excellent condition.he puts a down payment of $500.dollars thru pay pal then sends the remaining balance of $18.000.00 with a bank check.we had the car shiped to New Jersey where we live.we get the car our son drove it around town for 10 minutes when a cloud of blue smoke come out of the exhaust.

We take it to a mechanic who specializes in subarus only and he looks at the car and told us that the motor was blown also the turbo was bad.the new motor is $5000.00 And the turbo is $1000.00 plus labor .we called the owner of A suburban Auto imports dealer who sold us the car told him what was going on with the car hoping he was going to help us pay for the motor and he said "its not my problem anymore you bought the car as IS".

The car has been in the shop for over 2 months I have no money for a new motor and a turbo.unfortunately Florida does not have a lemon law like Jersey does.I contacted several lawyers and was told I don't have a case because the law is not on my side.one lawyer wanted to charge me $8000. Dollars to take my case but he didn't guarantee me that I would win the case.I know we're not the first Suckers this dealer scam.Florida needs to pass the lemon law so car dealers ect can't.

Take advantage of innocent people because maybe its too late for me but if they pass the lemon law we can get these dealers out of business. The dealer also told us the car was never in any accident when we pulled the car fax the car was involved in 3 accidents.to who ever reads this report don't do any busing with A suburban Auto imports in north Miami beach you will get stuck with a lemon and they're contracts are as IS ! With NO guarantee. Good luck buying a car in Florida.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/26/2014 07:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/A-suburban-auto-imports/North-miami-beach-Florida-33160/A-suburban-auto-imports-False-advertisment-about-a-car-and-got-scam-North-miami-beach-Flo-1118648. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on A suburban auto imports

revise

AUTHOR: Michael - (USA)

This vehicle was purchased for a 16yr old kid.  This race car was driven by a 16yr old with no experience with manual transmission.  His son burned up the clutch and blew the motor fist week of owning this car.  The vehicle was in 100% perfect working order when it was shipped to NJ from FL.  Customer was trying to be slick a week later after receiving this car.  Was asking for over $5000 for repairs for damages his son caused to the unit in few days of owning it.  A bit unfair to blame someone else for your own mistakes.  I this everyday in used car industry.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

or a certifed appraisers report.  If the Ebay ad was misleading, perhaps you could see if you have recourse. If you made a deal outside of Ebay, all bets are off.