• Report: #241992

• Submitted: Mon, April 02, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, September 28, 2011

• Reported By:St Johns Other
A Tad Brooks
Louisville Kentucy Louisville, Kentucky U.S.A.

Meisterhaus Basenjis A Tad Brooks He ripped me off $1500.00US Ripoff Louisville Kentucky

*General Comment: Basenji/Whisper

*Author of original report: Meisterhaus Watchemstopnstare

*Author of original report: Meisterhaus Fanconi

*Author of original report: Meiterhaus Nad Fanconi

*Author of original report: Basenji Tad brooks Joseph Hurt

*Author of original report: Meisterhaus Basenjis

Tad (Meisterhaus) and I came to agreement through numerous emails to the following terms
a.. I had to send him a bank draft right away for $1500.00 for the purchase of Meisterhaus Watchemstopnstare (Whisper) honoring my part of the agreement. Tad cashed the Bank Draft late December.
b.. Tad was to provide me with a written contract like any reputable breeder would and the AKC papers to transfer Whisper to a co-ownership until she was finished in the USA, which he has failed to do on both accounts.
c.. After the transfer to a co-ownership I agreed to pay her show expenses, food cost(not board), her clearances (hips and eyes) and vet bills....Tad entered her into shows in his name and expects me to pay for them in FEB. I get an email in Feb saying Whisper did well in the INDY shows and I had no idea as he ignore my emails about Whisper. He had told me he was busy with the sale of his business and a litter of Whippets so how could he have the time to show WHISPER and not do the paper work for me. He never consulted me in anyway about the shows.
d.. I get another email with Whisper CERF certifcate showing PPM Iris to Iris in mid FEB. It seems that she was already had her eyes tested as a young dog it doesn't show that on his Website and it was something Tad neglected to tell me. He also led me to believe her mother was clear. Cerf has advised me through emails that Basenji with PPM Iris to Iris is under breeder option D3a and can not be advertised as clear. None the less he withheld information about Whisper and lead me on about her mother.
e.. While searching the internet I find that Tad also neglect to disclose information about Whisper show history which in a big deal on it's own. I ask Tad to let me out of the deal as the lies were getting many now and he really doesn't see me as a co-owner which was the first part of the deal.
f.. I have filed a complaint with the AKC after making several offers to him. He did make a very general offer to me to total up some expenses including the show ones and send me a cheque. Much to my surprise he charged me for a set of Shows in March which again he had Whisper entered in without me knowing, secondly $740.00 for board something we agreed I wouldn't have to pay for Whisper just her food cost in our agreement. I got a cheque for $433.01 late FEB. A cheque I reurned uncashed to him.

I am very very very angry with the way I have been treated by A Tad Brooks so I am reviewing my legal options but I felt everyone out there deserves to know what kind of person this man is and they should stay away from him.

Harry
St Johns
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/02/2007 03:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/A-Tad-Brooks/Louisville-Kentucky-40201/Meisterhaus-Basenjis-A-Tad-Brooks-He-ripped-me-off-150000US-Ripoff-Louisville-Kentucky-241992. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on A Tad Brooks

#1 General Comment

Basenji/Whisper

AUTHOR: L. B. Corley - (United States of America)

I have read the post by Harry of Canada regarding Meisterhaus, and would like to comment on his remarks.
I spoke with Mr. Brooks, and two other breeders, and they shared the same story regarding deals with Harry St Johns for purchase of one of their dogs. Each time Harry made an offer, he would change his mind after months had gone by, and after time and money had been spent preparing the puppy to travel to Canada to live with Harry.
I have never known anyone to complain about any of the Basenjis or Whippets bred by Meisterhaus, and when I saw this posting, I felt I needed to file a rebuttal.

Harry has spoken with the AKC regarding Whisper, and they were clear as to the fact that Whisper belonged to Meisterhaus.Upon reading Harry's statement, even he stated that Meisterhaus attempted to reimburse him for the amount of money left from the $1,500, which shows fairness and honesty on the part of Meisterhaus. Evidently, Harry is unaware as to the costs of training/showing any breed dog.

Being that this is not the only time Harry has changed his mind after purchasing a dog, I question his motive, as well as any statements he has made.The ruling has been made by AKC, and it is for that reason alone, I feel this posting should be removed, so as not to taint the good name of Meisterhaus/A. Tad Brooks.My best to Harry, and I sincerely hope he has found the unconditional love a furry friend gives.

Meisterhaus Watchemstopnstare

AUTHOR: Harry - (Canada)

She is mine and I will sue anyone who breeds to this dog or purchases a puppy from her.

Meisterhaus Fanconi

AUTHOR: Harry - (Canada)

A large number of their dogs are likely carrier or are affected for Fanconi so be careful if your buying a dog from these guys their website does not contain the information on Fanconi

Meiterhaus Nad Fanconi

AUTHOR: Harry - (Canada)

It seems that a large number of their dogs are show as affected or carriers of the Fanconi. please make sure you ask about this before you buy a basenji from them. thank god Whisper is clear.

#5 REBUTTAL Owner of company

AUTHOR: Harry - (Canada)

The ownership of this dog will remain in dispute for years and that will be for at least five years so you might want to stay away from anything to do with her. Tad I think you would settle this for her sake as I the law in respect to contacts in kentucky is at least 5 years. So she could be an old dog before you will know what might happen with her if you don't provide me with a street address so we can settle this in court. Also if your buying a Meisterhaus dog don't believe Tad about health issues and he has been know to infact lie.

#6 REBUTTAL Owner of company

#7 REBUTTAL Owner of company

#8 REBUTTAL Owner of company

AUTHOR: Harry - (Canada)

Tad why did the Basenjis Club of America remove the link for you as Bredder Referral for the Midwest, I guess they no longer have faith in you as a reputable breeder.

Basenji Tad brooks Joseph Hurt

AUTHOR: Harry - (Canada)

Tad lies to the AKC and says the $1500.00US was a deposit and I didn't send all the rquired money for Whisper and then he said he returned my money to me lee expenses. That part was true but he didn't tell the AKC I refused his offer of $433.01 and returned his cheque to him. Tad the lies the lies are making you look bad ...Joseph did you ever agree to the sale is this the problem?

Meisterhaus Basenjis

AUTHOR: Harry - (Canada)

Tad continues to keep his dog in his name and my money. he doesn't answer his phone or return my calls. He never responds to my emails. He thinks he can keep my money and his dog. I am looking for street location address for A Tad Brooks Louisville Kentucky so I can proceed to have a subponea serve to him for court action. Right now all I have is two P.O box addresses for him. If someone can help me that would be great and maybe they help me find a good lawayer in Louisville also.