Complaint Review: a to z car parts

• Submitted: Fri, January 11, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, February 21, 2013

• Reported By: don — lowell Indiana United States of America
a to z car parts

a to z car parts defective parts, wrong parts, upcharged for defective parts, refuse to refund anything, now the runaround Internet

*Consumer Comment: Dealing your pain

*Consumer Comment: Dealing your pain

In October of 2012, I was looking for an ABS pump/motor for my 93 Chrysler fifth avenue. A to Z indicated they had one. When I submitted payment, they came back to me indicating they had one available with low miles, 32000, for an addional $100. The price went from $249.50 to $349.50.

They sent me the part, I paid $260.00 for mechanic to install. Immediately, (within forty miles) I had same problem with the brakes as before changing the unit out. I returned the car to mechanic to inspect, fuse was blown, mechanic stated the motor didn't sound very good and something was wrong with motor.

I continued to drive for about a week, replacing fuses, ( at $3.50 each) continously. I also immediately informed A to Z of the situation. They told me to check all other electrical connections, check with the dealership about other potentional problems, try put in larger fuses, (which would really solve the problem after my wiring harness would short out and burn up my car). I had another auto electrician verify the motor was no good and informed A to Z that part was defective.

They said they would replace the part, but  they would have to charge me an additonal $175.00, since this part was coming from a different yard and for the accounting process to work, they would have to charge me something, which would be reimbursed when defective part was returned.

I waited about a week for the replacement part to show up, mechanic took off original part from car, went to the box for the replacement and discovered that they had sent the wrong part. He had to reinstall original, defective part so he could move car out of garage and await resolution. When I informed A to Z of the situation, they questioned me, "What do you mean wrong part was sent? We will check with yard to see what happened". A to Z got back to me and said "yes, wrong part had been sent, we will have correct part sent."  Waited another week to get correct replacement, had mechanic change it.  This part also defective.

By this  time I am fed up with delays, extra labor charges, excess money spent, I ask A to Z to refund all my money and I order rebuilt part from somewhere else. Another week waiting for remanufactured part. Mechanic installs part and eveything is fine.

I go back to A to Z to get return vouchers, so I can return parts. Of course there is a problem getting these also, (I get questioned by A to Z as to if my mechanic is qualified. I indicate, yes, once a "good" part is installed, everything works fine.  I fight with A to Z for return vouchers, I get insulted, cussed at, called a "fuckin retard" and ask to deal with someone else. I can't get proper return vouchers, so another employee asks if I can return parts at my expense, and will be reimbursed for the shipping. I am hesitant  to do so, but figure if this is the only way, and what am I gonna do with all the junk parts, and I am out so much money now, what is an extra forty three dollars.

I return all the parts to the respective junk yards.

All parts were returned by December 10, 2012.

Now I start the refund process.

Of course there is only one person that can issue a refund at this company, but he is never there.
Everytime I call, the guy is either "not in yet, just left, and I will give him the message to contact you about it. " "Call in a couple hours, call tomorrow, call later". When he does finally make contact, now he needs "all the receipts, copies of invoices, all verification, again since all the information I sent earlier is nowhere to be found and I need it all at once so I can start looking at it".

My contact through this process is a guy named Gary. After I was called a "fucking retard" by Charlie, I asked to deal with someone else. John is the only guy that can refund any money.

Now it is December 20th, and John tells me has everything he needs and is sitting down to take care of it. He apologizes for the delay, but he has been in and out of the office for personal matters.
That was the last correspondence I have had with John, it is now January 11, 2013.

I have left numerous emails, voice mails, messages with John and Gary, who now is no longer with the firm and the guy I have to talk to will be in in a couple hours, call back. When I call back, I now get put on hold for extraordinarily long periods of time.

I started dealing with this place in October, it is January, they have $568.00 of my money, sent me defective parts twice, wrong parts once, have been insulting and have caused extra labor money to be spent, all with no satisfactory resolution.

They have caused me to rethink my purchasing policy and have turned me away from ever dealing with used parts from salvage yards again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/11/2013 08:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/a-to-z-car-parts/internet/a-to-z-car-parts-defective-parts-wrong-parts-upcharged-for-defective-parts-refuse-to-r-995050. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on a to z car parts

Dealing your pain

AUTHOR: Not happy - (United States of America)

Yeah they are crooks. I have been waiting for 8 months for a repair they said would only two weeks, at the price quoted, by them. The supposed date when the repairs were to be completed I show up after calling to confirm it was successfully complete I was told everything thing went well and it was functionality correct, I noticed him heading to his repair shop with fluids nessary to preform post work check, I mean not a little to top off but to even attempt to crank it at all. Suddenly he returns with a new list of problems Sure enough the cost has gone up by nearly $1000.00. when I last got a response from them on what if any progress has been made,. . now when I call to get a balance so I can settle up and retrieve my vehicle. If I'm not having my Calls ignored I'm getting the "let me check on that and call you back later today", which never comes. Now ever time I ask about progress It's amazing how many "new problems" occur that were not there before. I had two vehicles there at one point, one of which I managed to retrieve, with actual work done on it unfortunately all they did was trade a defective part that I requested to be replaced with a part that is defective in a different way, which cannot be related to the original part replaced, not to mention the the new problems it did not have before the initial repair.

Dealing your pain

AUTHOR: Not happy - (United States of America)

intervention