Complaint Review: A1 Cash Advance

A1 Cash Advance
315 A. Harding Place Nashville, Tennessee USA

A1 Cash Advance Kevin Martin Nashville Tennessee

*Consumer Comment: It is a scam

On January 8, 2014, A1 Cash Advance offered me a loan of $1,000.00. They asked me a series of questions and I answered them honestly. They then asked me to get a Green Dot Card (Specifically a Green Dot MoneyPak Card) and Load $365.00 on the Card to receive the $1,000.00 Loan. I loaded the money, then they said that my State/Government has the money and will not release it until a I paid $200 by way of the same process. I suspected that it was a scam then, but wasn't for sure. So, I asked for a refund, and the guy (Kevin Martin- Account manager) said that it was not a Scam, and He promised me that all my money would be refunded to me in full. So, he scheduled a refund back to on January 11, 2014 at 10:00am. I checked on it and it was not back on the Card. So, when I called he asked me to get another Green Dot MoneyPak Card and load $100.00 on it to get my refund. So, thinking that my money was going to be refunded back to me today (January 15, 2014) at 10:00am, I loaded $100.00 onto the New MoneyPak Card and gave Kevin Martin the number of the Card again after asking if it was a Scam, and he said No. I read to him the message on the back of the Card, stating "If anyone else ask for your MoneyPak Number or information from your reciept it's a scam...". Kvein Martin promised me it was NOT a scam, and that he and his company (A1 Cach Advance) would be refunding me $465.00 onto the Card. He said to check in 30 minutes and it should be on the Card. I checked back and they are avoinding my calls.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/15/2014 01:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/A1-Cash-Advance/Nashville-Tennessee-37211/A1-Cash-Advance-Kevin-Martin-Nashville-Tennessee-1115762. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on A1 Cash Advance

It is a scam

AUTHOR: FloridaNative - ()

I know you know that its a scam now. It's called the Advance Fee Loan scam. Never provide money as an "advance fee" to anyone that says they need $X before they fund your loan. That is the huge red flag - the request for money and the fact they asked you to send it in an untraceable way.  The only reason they even asked you to get a Green Dot card was to scam you.

Go to the FTC(dot)gov website and read up on scams so you don't fall for this one or another one in the future.

By the way, why would you think a scammer is going to answer the question "Is this a scam?" honestly? Of course they are going to tell you its not a scam. They make their money only if you believe their lies.