Complaint Review: AAA Autoguard Warranty

• Updated: Tue, December 17, 2013

• Reported By: TheFlash — New York New York
AAA Autoguard Warranty
5507-10 NESCONSET HWY, STE 330, Mt. Sinai, NY 1176 Mt. Sinai, New York USA

AAA Autoguard Warranty Certi-Car Inc.CU DirectPMC Service Corp. Deceptive and Fraudulent Business Practices- Manipulate contract and fail to perform- Fraud- Refuse to pay refund when cancel Mt. Sinai New York

*Author of original report: AAA Autoguard

*UPDATE Employee: AAA AutoGuard Warranty Certi Car Inc.

I called AAA Autoguard when a needed a replacement part that was covered under warranty.  My service center said that I needed to replace two of the parts otherwise there would be an engine imbalance that would be very bad for the car.  AAA Autoguard held firm and said they would only cover the replacement of 1 part which was defective regardless of necessity for both to be repaired as a result of same incident.  I proceeded to request a cancellation of the program for which I would have been reimbursed the pro-rata portion of amounts paid.  I had a 4 year contract and only used 5 months.  They told me they would send me a cancellation form which i would have to fill out and return.  I asked if I could scan it and email and they said that would be fine.  I waited 2 weeks and received nothing from them.  When I called them again, they said they would email me the form.  I filled out the required information and before I sent it, I asked what they required with an odometer reading check.  They said that I must take a picture and send it to them with the form.  This took another week as my car was still in shop under repair.  When I got my car back, I sent in the cancellation form with picture of odometer.  No Response from them.  I called them 2 weeks later and they said that because my account was delinquent, they cancelled my contract and I was not due anything back.  I specifically asked the sales manager about the delinquent notices since I was cancelling the account and the delays were caused by them, and he said that since I was owed money, I could ignore it.  In sum, they delayed sending me notices and fed me incorrect information about odometer reading requirements to delay further so that they could claim that I was delinquent and cancel my account.   Despicable business practice

DO NOT Bother with this company.  They owe me over $1,800 and they refuse to pay back.  You can try to sue them, but that will be held up in courts.  And forget about Better Business Bureau reporting.  Total waste of time.  BBB actually listed my complaint as issue resolved that they company offered to settle but that I rejected offer.  The company offered me nothing.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/17/2013 02:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AAA-Autoguard-Warranty/Mt-Sinai-New-York-11766/AAA-Autoguard-Warranty-Certi-Car-IncCU-DirectPMC-Service-Corp-Deceptive-and-Fraudulent-1107767. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AAA Autoguard Warranty

AAA Autoguard

AUTHOR: TheFlash - ()

After dealing with all divisions and spending many hours and frustrations, I contacted the President of the company. He agreed to reimburse me for what was due to me.  I was satisifed with the final outcome but did spend many frustrating hours trying to get this resolved.  I thank the President for doing the right thing.

AAA AutoGuard Warranty Certi Car Inc.

AUTHOR: Certi Car - ()

Certi Car assisted the customer with all issues in question and advised the customer of the terms and conditions of his contract answering any questions or concerns they may have had with the purchase of warranty. We connected him with the underwriter and insurance company who ultimately approves all claims as they make the final decision to what is covered under the contract. This complaint was settled by the insurance company and the customer independently from Certi-Car.