• Report: #1091986

• Updated: Mon, October 14, 2013

• Reported By: Radar — Marietta Georgia
AAA Car Care Pius - Sandy Plains
3445 Gordy Parkway Marietta, Georgia USA

AAA Car Care Pius - Sandy Plains Nice but incompetent mechanics Marietta Georgia

AAA Car Care - Sandy Springs recently opened so I took my Ford F-250 truck in for repair thinking the AAA name stood for AAA quality service. I was wrong. Scott and Jay are both nice as were all the employees but my trip to this repair shop cost me in unnecessary repairs and headaches.

The truck would intermittenly not start. So, I towed it to the station where (of course) it worked fine. So, they kept it for a week to see if the problem arose again. ISSUE #1- they drove my truck and emptied a full tank of gas ($80) and still could not find the problem. ISSUE #2 - they "fixed" the problem by replacing the ignition switch ($250). I was assured that the problem was resolved. ISSUE #3 - I was left stranded (again) for the same problem as before. Their "repair" aka ignition switch replacememt was not the correct solution. As a result, I was stranded several more times which resulted in more tow bills and hassles. So, I felt I was left with no other choice -- do it myself -- although I am NOT a mechanic. I found the problem and explained to the AAA mechanic how to fix it. Guess what? They replaced the faulty neutral switch ($30 repair) as I had told them to do and it worked -- finally. Except --- ISSUE #4 - the mechanic had improperly replaced the ignitiion switch (that did not need replacing in the first place) and in the process ruined the clock spring and turn signals. I called to complain about the damage and Jay said he would looki into it but nothing was done. So, ISSUE #5 -- no follow up or customer service. I learned that when an issue arises at AAA Car Care either nothing is done and/or false promises are given, which creates bad will and frustration on my part. So, I took my truck to a reputable mechanic down the street and he verified what I suspected -- that the damaged clock spring and turn signals were due to the improper repair of the ignition switch that was never the problem to begin with.

Overall, the AAA staff seemed nice but this fiasco cost me over $600 in unnecessary repair bills (for what should have been an easy repair and a faulty part, which was only $35). Never did I get an apology or any reimbursement for the damage done to my truck. Needless to say, I will NEVER return to AAA Car Care Facility on Gordy Parkway (Sandy Plains) NOR would I recommend anyone to ever take their vehicle in for repair at this store. I have told my friends, family and neighbors about this and they have all stayed clear. I understand that companies make mistakes but when mistakes are made they should be corrected to the customer's satisfation not ignored. I do not understand why a suppposed ASE mechanic could not determine the problem and a non-mechanic (me) had to show him the what the problem was and how to fix it. This is what I paid him to do. I conclude this can only be attributed to (a) incompetence, (b) laziness, (c) corruption (tryihg to milk the customer in unnecessary repair bills) or (d) a combination of these things. Either way, they will never see me again and I am cancelling my AAA membership.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/14/2013 09:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AAA-Car-Care-Pius-Sandy-Plains/Marietta-Georgia-30066/AAA-Car-Care-Pius-Sandy-Plains-Nice-but-incompetent-mechanics-Marietta-Georgia-1091986. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AAA Car Care Pius - Sandy Plains