Complaint Review: AAA Car Care Plus

• Reported By: Felipe — Atlanta Georgia
AAA Car Care Plus
2161 Lavista Road NE Atlanta, Georgia USA

AAA Car Care Plus Parts Throwers ovecharge imcompetent Atlanta Georgia

Avoid AAA Car Care Plus in Toco Hills, Georgia.

They ripped off my mother charging $1,700 worth of unnecessary repairs.  She had a tune up on her Toyota Camry 2 years ago and shock absorbers replaced just 20,000 ago and yet they just throw in parts for the heck of it.  They did another complete tune up my mother did not authorize and replace the shock absorbers when it was not needed.  In the process, they messed up the wheel speed sensor on the rear passenger side and wanted $300 more for what they just broke.  I installed the sensor myself and that cleared the ABS light.

Also, she took it there 3 times to fix a leak.  First it was the power steering, then the oil pan, then the engine.  Could you stop guessing?  These people are parts throwers.  $1,700 repair.  My mother is usually very calm but I have never seen her so upset!!

On my 2009 VW Jetta, I bumped the curb and filed a claim with my insurance company.  I took the Supplemental Form paperwork to this imcompetent service advisor Jeff.  He said he'll take care of it and it will be a few days.  Insurance estimated 1 day.  It was there 2 weeks!! For an alignment??  They sublet the rim repair who knows where, and the traction control light to the dealer.  Apparently they like to sublet work since they can't fix anything!!!

When I went to pick up my car 2 weeks later, I was expecting to only pay my $250 deductible but was told by this dude Jeff that they no longer honor insurance claims because it takes "too long, eight weeks to get paid", and that I have to eat the $414 repair bill and wait to be reimbursed by my insurance company.

It was an embarassing situation in front of other customers. This idiot should of told me that at the very beginning, or had it squared away with the insurance adjuster. Neither me nor my family will go back to this d**n place again !!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/16/2013 10:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AAA-Car-Care-Plus/Atlanta-Georgia-30329/AAA-Car-Care-Plus-Parts-Throwers-ovecharge-imcompetent-Atlanta-Georgia-1051409. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AAA Car Care Plus