Complaint Review: AAG Nurseries, Inc.

• Submitted: Tue, August 06, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, August 06, 2013

• Reported By: Teresa808 — Phoenix Arizona
AAG Nurseries, Inc.
Oro Valley Tuscon, Arizona USA

AAG Nurseries, Inc. azgardens Crazy, Incompetent, and rude!! Tuscon Arizona

I placed an order back in April for (2) different kinds of Cichlids, (2) mini lobsters, and a growers bundle of plants.  I received my order a few weeks later and was appalled at what I found when I opened my package.  All I received was two of the four Cichlids I ordered, one was DOA and the other was hanging on by a thread.  The two lobsters were just about dead also.  The plants were a joke...They had wrapped wet plants in wet newspaper, I am guessing to keep them fresh?  LOL Upon unwrapping them, they disintegrated in my hands.  I had to throw away most of them and I was forced to cut off all of the dead parts of the plants I could keep.  I was left with a few stalks of plants which I threw away.  I immediately started the acclimation process to try to save the fish and lobsters.  By the next morning, all had perished.

I wrote an email to this company and I sent them pictures of the dead fish, lobsters, and the box the animals were sent in.  I asked that someone get back to me to discuss this issue.  No answer.  I called their office and left a message.  No answer.  So, the only thing I could do was contact AMEX and cancel the payment for this order.  They happily obliged as soon as they saw my email along with all of the pictures.  AMEX immediately cancelled the charge and sent correspondence to this company.  They had a chance to answer the claim however they never answered AMEX.  Due to the non response, my money was refunded in full by AMEX two weeks ago.

Yesterday, I received my first response from this company.  Below is the email I received.  Please keep in mind, they "responded" to my original email that I sent after I recieved my order.

"So you instigated a chargeback to your credit card company stating that we shipped you dead animals and the rest died?  This cost us a $40 chargeback fee and the cost of your whole order.  Nasty and downright underhanded.  Youve heard of Karma?  Im so discouraged when I see customers doing shady things like this.  Seriously, do you think our family has nothing better to do than collect and pack up DEAD animals and ship them out?  Disgusting to even make that comment to your credit card company like that.  You are hereby blacklisted from our company until you make good on your obligation to pay your debt to us plus the $40 chargeback fee or call your credit card company and cancel the chargeback.  This is NOT how losses are handled as you were given an inhouse credit for said losses already."

I received this response due to the charge-back from AMEX.  They never would have contacted me had I not reversed the charges.  How would I have known that I had an in-house credit?  Not that I would ever use it.  Obviously these are some odd people.  I am not sure how they are still in business?

My favorite part is how I am now "blacklisted" from their company.  HaHa, this family is such a joke.  They don't have to worry about me ever purchasing anything from them again.  Stay away from them, they are crooks and aquatic life murderers!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/06/2013 08:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AAG-Nurseries-Inc/Tuscon-Arizona-85737/AAG-Nurseries-Inc-azgardens-Crazy-Incompetent-and-rude-Tuscon-Arizona-1073445. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AAG Nurseries, Inc.