Complaint Review: AAMCO of Olympia

• Updated: Sat, September 28, 2013

• Reported By: Just Me — Olympia Washington
AAMCO of Olympia
2728 Martin Way Olympia, Washington USA

AAMCO of Olympia GroupOn deal is to get you in the door, THEN LIE TO YOU Olympia Washington

I bought the GroupOn for $39 for a front or rear brake job and a couple of oil changes.  Made an appt and took my car in.

I dropped the car off and was supposed to pick it up later that afternoon.  I got a call 3 hours later from them.  They said that my brakes were ALL shot.  That I needed new calipers on the front and the back.  They also said I had an oil leak.  They told me it'd be over $700 to fix it.

Right off the bat, I didn't believe them.  So I called my regular mechanic and he told me to pick up my car right away!

I took my car to him that weekend.  GUESS WHAT?!! I didn't even need new brake pads!!  What a rip off!!

Once I posted my story on facebook, the stories started to flood out.  Now I've heard dozens of stories of friends who actually paid those awful amounts!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/28/2013 07:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AAMCO-of-Olympia/Olympia-Washington-98506/AAMCO-of-Olympia-GroupOn-deal-is-to-get-you-in-the-door-THEN-LIE-TO-YOU-Olympia-Washing-1088065. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AAMCO of Olympia