Complaint Review: AAmco transmission Lake forest ca

• Submitted: Thu, September 15, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, September 15, 2011

• Reported By: keith — chino hills California United States of America
AAmco transmission Lake forest ca
23131 orange lake forest ca 92630 lake forest, California United States of America

AAmco transmission Lake forest ca CAl Kidd Inc irresponsible,beligerent and deceptive lake forest California

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: The real story!

I brought my f150 ford truck to Aamco because my overdrive was going in and out  on the way to work. So,when I saw an Aamco near my jobsite I thought I had better have the Pan removed change the filter and run a diagnostic to determine the problem.

the manager Ken gave me the canned spiel got me a rental car and gave me the impression it sounded like a sensor!

Of coarse it wasnt but,His canned spiel (which I had the depressing opportunity to hear a few times during my time in the office including his lame joke about hitting the lottery!) included misstatements such as IF YOU NEED a torque converter it was an additional amount!

The problem is every trans that is rebuilt cant be warrantied without a new torque converter due to it is full of transmission oil with ground trans parts in it.  Nevertheless He make it sound up front like you may not need it!
At any rate my problem is I left with the truck in the building and assumed since the truck was full of flooring it would remain in the building! But to my dismay he left it outside in what I found out from the Police is a crime ridden lot area!

The Police knew the employees by name!! even the mechanics were on a first name basis with the police! well after a week on a promised 2 day job I came to pick up my truck to find my flooring Missing and a LAME TOO BAD! form the manager as he points out a sign out front that they are not liable.

But I thought it would remain inside since it had the load on it! and since thats where it was when I came back to get my briefcase after being told it needed the rebuild.Never any discussion about removing ,secureing or anything else since it would be there overnight or the crime problems since they had a sign they didnt care.

I asked they pay for it or half or something I was told to file a complaint. when I asked for the old parts they said only after I paid But I knew something was up so I demanded them then I was told to come back tomorrow I agreed if they paid for the rental car of they they refused that! and only after I recalled the police and got the consumer affairs board on the phone did they give me a box of parts they said were additional!

I have not had them checked (since I only got them last night)by my regular transmission shop whom I wish I tried to drive back to But I feared more damage! And again they would not produce any insurance for me to contact so Im afaid they arent insured either! At ant rate the attitude and painfully beligerent behavior and toothpulling resistance to give out info and my parts only makes me sick to think I have spent 3000.00 dollars on this transmission!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/15/2011 07:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AAmco-transmission-Lake-forest-ca/lake-forest-California-92630/AAmco-transmission-Lake-forest-ca-CAl-Kidd-Inc-irresponsiblebeligerent-and-deceptive-lake-777036. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AAmco transmission Lake forest ca

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

The real story!

AUTHOR: mlt5776 - ()

This man left his truck at our shop for over three weeks and was told many times where it was and if he could pick it up. He said he was trying to find the money to fix it so could we just let it stay there until he did.

When he finally did come to  pick it up he wanted to know if there was any way for us to help with the truck and he was told that if he could come up with half the amount of the repair we could finance the rest. He did not have it and left. He came right back in saying all his stuff was gone from his truck and what were we going to do about it. Not knowing what if anything was in his truck and having signs posted that we are not responseable for any lost or stolen property we told him it was not our responsabilty. He implied that what he lost should be his down payment or he would call the police which we told him to do.

That was the last time I saw or heard from this man until he wrote this!