Complaint Review: Aamco Transmissions

• Reported By: John E — Laurys Station Pennsylvania
Aamco Transmissions
1458 Northampton Street Easton , Pennsylvania USA

Aamco Transmissions Fifth time maybe a charm!!! Easton Pennsylvania

As of today(02/06/2014), AAMCO HAS FAILED ONCE AGAIN TO CORRECTLY FIX THE ONGOING ISSUE WITH THE TRANSMISSION. The car completely stopped on my way to work on 02/01/2014 with the transmission completely useless. Rather than offering to fix the problem transmission that they installed in May of 2013 , they want to offer me a discount on putting another transmission in the car.... (this is only a partial list of the visits and correspondence with Aamco)

Below is the letter I sent to Andrew at Easton Aamco in November of 2013....

In May of 2013, I brought our 2003 Saab to Aamco Transmissions in Whitehall, PA, because our transmission was malfunctioning. The car would shift from 2nd to 5th gear (no other gears were available). Aamco diagnosed the problem and replaced the transmision with a six month/6,000 mile warranty.

In September 2013, the transmission again began to malfunction with approximately 88,000 miles. I brought the car to you and I was told that although the transmission was still under warranty, the problem was an output speed sensor that was not covered under the warranty. I agreed to repair and $500+ later, the car seemed to be driving fine. At this point, I have invested approximately $3000 (including rental cars) in the transmission.

Tonight, (11/07/2013) at approximately 7PM on the way home from Newark, NJ, a message appeared on my dashboard indicating that once again, the transmission was malfunctioning. Once again, I only have 2nd and 5th gears.

At this point, I am completely out of patience with Aamco.

I gave them  options:

1) I am refunded $2,500 and I take the car to another transmission repair company.

2) I drop the car off Sunday night at your shop in Easton and within one week, the car is reparied correctly at no cost to me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/06/2014 05:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Aamco-Transmissions/Easton-Pennsylvania-18040/Aamco-Transmissions-Fifth-time-maybe-a-charm-Easton-Pennsylvania-1121574. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Aamco Transmissions