Complaint Review: AAMCO Transmissions

• Submitted: Mon, August 27, 2001
  • Updated: Mon, August 27, 2001

• Reported By:
AAMCO Transmissions
101 West 16th Street Merced, California U.S.A.

AAMCO? "Don't go!"

I am really disapointed with the service I've received from AAMCO and would never consider giving them a second chance.

I had a company car's transmission go out a few hundred miles from our office. I brought it to the nearest AAMCO dealer in Merced, CA. They rebuilt the transmission for just under $2000. Driving the car back home I noticed the shifting was extremely hard. I had to bring to a local AAMCO shop within two weeks of the original repair. They replaced the speed sensor and it which fixed the problem for a while. But after two months the problem reoccured. Again they said the speed sensor needed to be replaced. It still didn't run smooth like the original transmission. But the car was still driveable and we learned to live with it. Although I noticed no one wanted to drive it if another car was available. Approximately two months after the warranty was up the transmission failed and stranded one of my employees. I brought it to closest AAMCO dealer and they said the transmission would need need to be rebuilt at the cost of another $2000. He did call the Merced owner and told him the situation. But since the warranty was expired they could offer no help. I declined to have them repair the car.

End result: $2000 was wasted on a transmission that lasted 14 months and only went 29,000 miles. I am one customer who is never going back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/27/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AAMCO-Transmissions/Merced-California-95340/AAMCO-Dont-go-6373. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AAMCO Transmissions