Complaint Review: aamco watertown

• Updated: Fri, February 28, 2014

• Reported By: Aunthony — Evans mills New York
aamco watertown
595 Coffeen St Watertown, NY 13601 Watertown, New York USA

aamco watertown yelp.ca/biz/aamco-transmission-center-watertown They were to rebuild my transmission but all I got was more problems out of it Watertown New York

*Consumer Comment: Cool your jets

We took our truck here four years ago and paid $2300 for them to "rebuild" our transmission. We took our truck back before the warranty expired because it kept stalling whenever we backed up and was told by the owner/operator that the transmission they fixed was not the problem. We found out that yes it was the "fixed transmission" after the warranty had expired and we got to pay another $1700 to have it fixed right.

The waiting room and bathroom we were offered to use while we waited 4-5 hrs was filthy. Getting to the dirty and outdated washroom reminded us of a dungeon. The small tv and outdated VHS movies he offered to pass the time were pathetic. We think if the owner/operator should use the money he steals from his "valued customers" to make his customers' waiting room updated and welcoming. Instead the room tries to convince the poor suckers that are his customers by misfortune, that he is an upstanding, generous person by decorating the walls with plaques that strokes his ego. Aamco Transmission in Watertown sucks!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/03/2014 01:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/aamco-watertown/Watertown-New-York-13601/aamco-watertown-yelpcabizaamco-transmission-center-watertown-They-were-to-rebuild-my-t-1112674. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on aamco watertown

Cool your jets

AUTHOR: Absolute_Mellow - ()

I am not siding with the garage. I don't have enough information. I haven't seen your invoice for repairs. Nor have I seen the diagnosis of your current problem.

First, as an ASE certified mechanic for 30+ years, I am impressed that you had a transmission rebuild that you expected for 4 years. Most transmission shops offer a one year warranty. Some may offer a 3 year warranty. If your transmission made it 4 years before having problems, I would say they did their job. There are so many factors involved here but I will not go into that.

What I am most troubled by is you chose to hammer the garage for the condition of their waiting room. Have you any idea what it cost to run a shop? Let's say the shop charges $100 an hour. That seems to be about average. Now lets factor in a few things. Shop uniforms, workmans comp, electricity, training, hazardous waist disposal, insurance, electronic subscriptions to automaker repair manuals. special tools, and I could keep going on. Because this garage's waiting room looks like garbage, perhaps his money is spent keeping day to day operations going.

Instead of blowing your top with the garage, ask if you can meet in the middle. However, I still stand by the idea that a 3 year warranty is more than generous.