Complaint Review: aamco

• Reported By: rs916 — Sacramento California
aamco
2257 arden way Sacramento, California USA

aamco oil leak bad work scam Sacramento California

*UPDATE Employee ..inside information: Response to "All Is Well"

*Author of original report: All is well

I came to AAMCO because it seemed like the place to go when you buy a new car and want everything checked out.

I told shaf who is the manager exactly what I wanted a complete car check up. Transmission, any leaks, anything you find I want fixed.

Told me that the diagnostic would be 110 and that if any repairs were needed that he he would cut that price in half or gone all together. I dropped my car off on a wed and called repeatedly through out the week and was told they needed more time. I get they close on 4th of July but when I call you on friday afternoon and tell me still not done I expect a full report.I call back that friday afternoon and he tells me I need new valve cover gaskets new oil sending unit new oil pan gasket and transmission seals its gonna cost me just shy of 1600 dollars I tell him do the work. He tells me it will be done Tuesday at latest. I call monday morning and he says its coming along not done yet . This is where I have the first issue I needed to get get something from my car monday afternoon and find my car had not even began being worked on.

Its been 5 and half days and my car is still in parking lot  why are the labor charges so much if your gonna have my car done next day supposedly?

I ask some questions and leave I call back Tuesday tells me that gaskets are done it wasnt the transmission leaking after all but I do need a water pump and timing belts and that it should be around 900 bucks to do everything and tells me wed morning the car will be done in about an hour so I show up 30 minutes early and end up waiting almost 3 1/2 hours. And my total is still 1500 dollars?  So I pay and I leave two days later oil still leaking I bring it back and he tells me its residual oil it will burn off   3 days later leaking more oil and this is after I power washed it 2 different times like he told me to and im still leaking oil and im still leaking oil and my car is smoking.

Also mind youwhen I brought the car in no oil leaking on ground in 3 days I had it. just around spark plugs.

Also I mentioned a rattling noise when driving and was told hub caps  took caps off and guess what still rattling. Also ever since getting timing done my power steering fluid has turned black and now foaming and overflowing the resivoir.

not to sure what to do at this point.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/17/2013 07:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/aamco/Sacramento-California/aamco-oil-leak-bad-work-scam-Sacramento-California-1067922. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on aamco

#1 UPDATE Employee ..inside information

Response to "All Is Well"

AUTHOR: VinceS - ()

Robert,

I would like to start off by apologizing for the less than satisfactory service you received at our Arden way location. Holidays falling in the middle of the work week or towards the end are difficult and can at times push back the expected time of repair. To try to avoid any inconveniences we have increased the staff and are continuously working on better improving repair times and customer satisfaction.

I’m glad I had an opportunity to follow up with you, and am also glad we were able to take care of the oil seal that unfortunately did not seal correctly causing the oil leak at our other location on Franklin BLVD. If there are any additional concerns please do not hesitate to contact me or either of my Sacramento locations.

Thanks again for your understanding and we look forward to your continued business!

Vince S

General Manager / Operations Manager

CF Enterprises D.B.A AAMCO Transmissions

All is well

AUTHOR: rs916 - ()

I just want to make things clear, this was not about AAMCO but about The gentleman i dealt with.

Not aamco itself

After speaking to another AAMCO everything was took care off and they went above and beyond to help me figure out my problem.

I didnt appreciate the way the gentleman handled my situatuion but understand thats not aamcos fault.