Complaint Review: AAMCO

• Submitted: Thu, May 10, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, May 10, 2012

• Reported By: melrose2780 — United States of America
AAMCO
40 West Washington Avenue , Pearl River, NY 10965 Pearl River, New York United States of America

AAMCO Chris $1289 TO TAKE A TRANSMISSION APART $1600 TO PUT BACK TOGETHER WITHOUT SERVICE Pearl River, New York

*General Comment: What a racket.

3 months ago I took my car to AAMCO to repair my transmission. Chris, the owner told me that after he ran a diagnostic test he said there was somthing wrong with the transmission. He said in order to figure out what is exactly wrong with the car that he needed to take the transmission apart.

He said it would cost me $1200 to take apart and if I decided to get it repaired he would waive the fee. Since I knew I would have to get my car fixed I agreed. A few hours later he calls me and tell me that after taking it apart A and B was wrong with the transmission and I would need to give him $3, 400 in cash. I told him that I didn't have that kind of money in cash. I told him that since I agreed to the $1200 I would pay that and cut my losses.

That's when he hit me with the fact that it was $1289 to take it apart and an additonal $1600 to put it back together without getting it fixed! I couldn't believe what he was telling me. I would have NEVER agreed to that had I known that it would be an additonal $1600 to put it back together. After some back and forth he agreed that I could just take my car without the transmission in place and tow it out for $600, which I already paid. Then when it came time for me to take my car he told me he wanted to speak with my uncle.

My uncle made several attempts to reach out to him, but he was never at the shop. Now here were are 3 months later and Chris tells me that since my  car had been there for 3 months that I would need to pay $65 a day storage fee plus the $1289. He was extremely rude and hung up the phone on me.

I am beyond upset because all of this can have been settled when I wanted to take my car back.

PLEASE if anyone is reading DO NOT TAKE YOUR CAR TO AAMCO in PEARL RIVER, NY.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/10/2012 01:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AAMCO/Pearl-River-New-York-10965/AAMCO-Chris-1289-TO-TAKE-A-TRANSMISSION-APART-1600-TO-PUT-BACK-TOGETHER-WITHOUT-SERVICE-880890. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AAMCO

#1 General Comment

What a racket.

AUTHOR: MartyMarsh - (United States of America)

Every time I read one of these stories I just want to reach out and touch someone.

They play there games to get you to have it pulled and then once it's out your stuck.An honest garage,which there seams to be a big shortage of,would say look,it is going to cost you this much if we take it out and fix it,why would they give you a price just to take it out?Because they know the scam is once it's out most people will tell them to fix it because they need there car.

Sorry for your problems,I wish you nothing but the best and God Bless.