Complaint Review: aamco

• Submitted: Tue, November 09, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, November 09, 2010

• Reported By: POOR senior in spring field — springfield Massachusetts United States of America
927 boston road springfield, Massachusetts United States of America

aamco BIG TIME RIP OFF /DESTRYED MY CAR springfield, Massachusetts

AAMCO TRANSMISSIONS @927 Boston Road in Springfield Ma.  MY moms car was leaking transmission fluid she pulled into this garage displaying the AAMCO sign thinking she could trust them !

Wow was she wrong this was the beginning of a nightmare, she left the car and was told to later callback for a quote, the quote was for $695.00 which was more than she could afford but agreed because the car needed to be fixed . Next day the price went up to $ 1,500.00 which she said was to much but let me call my daughter to see if she can help. Before being able to call me he called and said there were more problems and the price was now $1,985.00 . She said she definitely cannot afford it.

He said thats fine bring me  the $695.00 and I will return your car , she asked why see had to pay him this money if he was not fixing the car, he claims for removing the transmission well they haggled back and forth and he said you have to bring me $300.00 or I am not giving you back your car. At this point she called me frantic I called him and spoke with both Joe and BOB who agreed on $ 200. for their time and for removing and replacing the transmission.

I called my mom told her to call AAA get a tow truck pick up her car give the man the 200 and we will solve this at a later time. WELL when my mom arrived with tow truck Joe brought the car out , took the $200. then said wait I have something for you and brought the transmission out in a box !! The engine is held by a chain the transmission in a box and the axle in the back seat and numerous other parts we are unfamiliar to what and where they belong .

My mother is a senior citizen 77 y/o he yelled at her called her racial slurs it was terrible . I called him to ask him why he didn't put the transmission back in he told me to go @&*# myself. Does AAMCO not screen whom they sell their franchise to and is there not some type of code they must abide by . Like Mcdonalds where there is some type of uniform service. This comapny is a disgrace DO NOT GO THERE

Neida M (car owner) written by Denise L (daughter)

Springfield Ma.

(((REDACTED))) gmail.com

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/09/2010 12:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/aamco/springfield-Massachusetts-/aamco-BIG-TIME-RIP-OFF-DESTRYED-MY-CAR-springfield-Massachusetts-659990. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on aamco