Complaint Review: Aaron's

Aaron's
5710-A Wabash Avenue Baltimore, Maryland USA

Aaron's False Sales Practices/Misleading Agreement Baltimore Maryland

*UPDATE Employee: Aaron's Cares - Response

On May 20, 2013 I went into Aarons to inquire about Manager Specials (furniture I can buy that was previously rented) at lower prices. The manager talked me and my fiance' into leasing a complete livingroom set and explained to us that the total cost is $1,461.99 to own it. He explained how we could own it in 4 months or pay it off over time. My fiance' and I asked the Manager could we pay the difference of what we pay towards it and the $1,461.99 if we go beyond a 4 month early buy-out (for example 7-8 months). He explained to us that every dime we pay goes toward the total buyout price of $1,461.99 and that the answer to our question was "YES" we can pay the difference of what we paid towards it and the total of $1,461.99 at anytime after 4 months. When he printed our contract and it showed a 24 month total of $2,938.08, we told him that it was entirely too much money for the set. He told us to ignore that number and that it was for people who choose a different option that included additional coverages and insurances. We took his word for it and made our agreement with him.

As of January 2014, we have paid over $800 towards the furniture, so we were under the impression that our balance would be $661.00 at this point. Today we called the store and spoke to a woman to verify that. She told us our total buy-out right now is $1,104.55. That's nearly the total of the buy-out amount the Manager quoted to us "In-Person" and now we realized that we were "Fast-Talked" and "Scammed" by Aarons so that the Manager can make another agreement to meet a quota for their store location. We now know that we were "Scammed" so the Manager can earn a Commission on the sale. The woman we spoke to today is just now revealing that our monthly payments of $122.00 is mostly interest and that only $55.00 of the $122.00 goes toward the purchase of the furniture. We cannot remember the name of the Manager/Salesman and his name is nowhere on our contract and the people working in the store cannot seem to find him.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/25/2014 01:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Aarons/Baltimore-Maryland-21215/Aarons-False-Sales-PracticesMisleading-Agreement-Baltimore-Maryland-1118430. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Aaron's

Aaron's Cares - Response

AUTHOR: Aaron's - ()

John,

Thank you for your report and for bringing this to my attention. I would be happy to look into this with your local store.

Please contact me at your earliest convenience by email at [email protected] or by phone at 678-402-3403. Please disclose your first and last name, the location of your local Aaron's, and the best contact number to reach you at.

look forward to hearing from you,

Jessica