Complaint Review: Aastro Transmission

• Updated: Mon, November 18, 2013

• Reported By: redrik — tucson Arizona
Aastro Transmission
4443 W Ina Rd Tucson, Arizona USA

Aastro Transmission Misdiagnosis and estimate for unnesessary repairs Tucson Arizona

I can not recommed this shop for any transmission repairs that require extended diagnostics. I took my vehicle in with an transmission electrical failure (that I had verified) for in depth diagnostics and repairs. I did not have the time to diagnose any further myself and was assured that they had the tooling and the training to perform the repairs. According to their website they are fully qualified. I provided them with the electrical fault codes that I had retrieved and a list of the repairs that had been previously performed. The provided me with an estimate to remove and disassemble the transmission-not just once but 3 timed during their "diagnostics". I was also told that the transmission had "no electrical codes found and therefore the failure was internal". I disagreed with their analysis and pulled the vehicle from the shop. I then went to another shop in town who within a 10 minute test drive verified what I had already known-the failure was not in the transmission but in the electrical system. I then performed the repairs myself and found a failure in the module. Once replaced the transmission worked flawlessly. I contacted a representative of Aastro and advised them of the repair I had performed and requested a partial refund of the charges. I have not heard back from them yet, a week later. My advise is that if you have a transmission failure it is in your best benefit to perform a little research on your own and become aware of the potential failure. All they wanted to do was remove the transmission and disassemble, which puts you in their power for a possibly unnecessary  rebuild-but that's how they make the most profit from the repair.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/18/2013 04:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Aastro-Transmission/Tucson-Arizona-85712/Aastro-Transmission-Misdiagnosis-and-estimate-for-unnesessary-repairs-Tucson-Arizona-1100397. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Aastro Transmission