receives

• Updated: Wed, September 11, 2013

• Reported By: Katherine — Tampa Florida
ABC Financial Services
P.O. Box 6800 Sherwood, Arkansas USA

ABC Financial Services Blast Fitness Clayton Bought my lifetime fitness membership and transferred it to a club 4 hours from home. Now demanding payment or collections Sherwood Arkansas

*UPDATE Employee: ABC Financial

I bought a lifetime membership to Bally fitness 20+ years ago and have been playing a small monthly dues fee ever since. In 2012, I received a notice from Bally that my membership was now with Blast Fitness. I had heard that Bally was bankrupt so I was not really surprised. However, I never received Any contact information or notification from Blast Fitness and so was unable to contact them. Even the bank did not have a full phone number, or so I was told, when I contacted my bank because money was being debited from my account.  I went to the phone book and the Internet and could find no record of Any Blast Fitness in Kansas City at all. I drove to my old club, but it was closed down. I finally decided to just close my bank account and open another. Voila! I immediately received a notice from ABC Financial Services demanding payment or they will send me to collections! I also find, according to this letter, that the "club" I have been paying dues to is 4 hours away on the other side of the state. I live in Kansas City and they have me paying  dues to a club in St. Louis. I would like to file a class action lawsuit against this company as I know that they are doing this all over the country with all of the fitness centers that they assumed from Bally. That means thousands of people have been cheated as I have been.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/11/2013 07:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ABC-Financial-Services/Sherwood-Arkansas-72124-6800/ABC-Financial-Services-Blast-Fitness-Clayton-Bought-my-lifetime-fitness-membership-and-tr-1083556. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ABC Financial Services

ABC Financial

AUTHOR: stephanie@abc - ()

Hello,

We regret to hear your recent experience with ABC Financial Services was not a satisfactory one. I would like the opportunity to review your account and see that proper action has been taken. We strive to address all consumer feedback, positive or negative, and want to make sure your situation was handled properly.

Unfortunately, I was not able to locate your membership with the information provided in this post. Please email me at Stephanie.cook@abcfinancial.com with either your 9 digit agreement number or the home phone number on your account so that I may look into this for you.

Stephanie Cook