Complaint Review: ABC Financial

• Submitted: Fri, April 10, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, April 10, 2009

• Reported By:Kalamazoo Michigan
ABC Financial
8320 Highway 107 Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.A.

ABC Financial This is text from a letter I wrote to Anytime Fitness about the billing practices of ABC Little Rock Arkansas

I am having an issue with your company, and with the billing company. So far, I have been unsuccessful in resolving it, and I am really in need of some assistance.
My husband and I purchased a membership with a new Anytime Fitness on Stadium Drive in Kalamazoo MI some months ago. The club is wonderful, and well run. Here is the issue. We set up an auto pay deduction from our checking account. It was fine for the first month or two. Then we started getting notices that the payment was not going through, and there was an additional charge. The letters we were getting from ABC said they were taking from our account anywhere from 75 to 99 dollars for a 64 dollar membership! I contacted my credit union ready to raise hell about this. They printed me up statements to show that the rejected payments never happened. And they said they would not have rejected them when they could pay them and charge us 25 dollars to pay them.
I called ABC and tried to speak to them about this. The person I spoke to said they did not know, did not understand, etc. So, I told them that if I could not trust them to go into my account and take what was owed to them, I no longer wanted them in my account. I then got in touch with the Better Business Bureau. I explained the situation to them, and I quickly got a refund of the excess fees they stole from my account.

I have now been told by ABC that we owe them a 10 dollar charge every time we make our payment ourselves, instead of allowing them the opportunity of looting our account again. I am trying to find out why I should pay that when it is their fault that this happened to begin with.

Consequently, we have not been to the gym in months, and ABC says they are going to ruin our credit over this. And all we wanted was a gym membership.

I am going to get in touch with the Better Business Bureau again, And the State Attorney General. I am just trying to get some help with the matter, and I wondered if the help would come from you.

Pay attention to what ABC does to your bank account, people!!! This letter also went to the MI AG.

Laura
Kalamazoo, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/10/2009 01:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ABC-Financial/Little-Rock-Arkansas-72120/ABC-Financial-This-is-text-from-a-letter-I-wrote-to-Anytime-Fitness-about-the-billing-prac-442606. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ABC Financial