Complaint Review: ABC Financial

• Submitted: Tue, November 11, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, November 11, 2008

• Reported By:Peyton Colorado
ABC Financial
8320 Hwy. 107 Sherwood, Arkansas U.S.A.

ABC Financial, ABC Financial Refusues to Cancel Membership Sherwood Arkansas

In early June of 2008, I called ABC Financial to cancel my membership with Anytime Fitness. I was politely told that memberships can not be cancelled over the phone, they must be cancelled in writing with 60 days notice.

As a small business owner myself, I thought this was a fair deal.

I wrote a letter stating my intention to have my membership as well as my wifes membership cancelled. I mailed the letter in mid June via certified mail just as I was instructed to by ABC Financial member services.

I was not surprised to see my automatic withdrawal for our memberships in June and July. I was surprised to see a withdrawal made in August.

I phoned ABC Financial to get a status report on my membership cancellation. After all, with all of the accounts they service, sometimes things can fall through the cracks. I was told by one of their representatives that the letter was never received! This is when I started getting suspicious and angry.

I then faxed them a copy of the letter. A few minutes later, I had a fax received notice in my hands. This time, I thought things would get taken care of. Wrong!

ABC Financial then made another withdrawal in September. I called again to get a status update on my cancellation. This time, I got the "60 days notice" excuse. I did find out that my cancellation was processed. This time, I thought things were taken care of. Wrong again!

When ABC Financial made yet another automatic withdrawal in October, I gave them a call to get a status update. I was told that this would be my last payment. Great, things have finally been resolved! Wrong a third time!

Today, November 11th, I was hit with another automatic withdrawal! This time, it was for one membership instead of two. I called ABC Financial to find out what the problem was. It turns out that my membership was cancelled, but my wifes was not. When I asked why, I was told it was because she did not sign the fax that I sent them. I then asked why I was not informed about this when they were cancelling my membership and the representative was not able to give an answer.

I then asked to speak with the supervisor. When he finally got on the phone, I asked why I was not informed about the signature problem. The supervisor was not able to give a satisfactory answer. I then asked to speak with his supervisor. I was promptly told that she was not in the office.

I immediately hung up the phone as I was fuming mad and couldn't take it anymore. I figured out their plan though. They waited until the "60 day notice" period was up on my membership, just so they could drag my wife's out for another 60 days!

I sent another fax tonight, this time my wife signed it. I am going to call ABC Financial everyday until I get a refund in full for the next 60 days worth of my wifes membership! They are a corrupt and dishonest company, it basically says so in their mission statement. "...and to collect the most money from the most members, every day."

I also placed a phone call to Anytime Fitness. I informed them that I would do everything in my power to make sure that they do not sign another member until they quit using ABC Financial to handle their customer accounts!

I have already reported both companies to the Better Business Bureau and have full intentions on taking out newspaper and internet ads as well as picketing the gym.

Abc Financial Hater
Peyton, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/11/2008 07:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ABC-Financial/Sherwood-Arkansas-72120/ABC-Financial-ABC-Financial-Refusues-to-Cancel-Membership-Sherwood-Arkansas-390306. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ABC Financial