Complaint Review: ABC Financial

• Updated: Tue, March 25, 2014

• Reported By: AzTeacher — Gilbert Arizona
ABC Financial
8320 Arkansas 107 Sherwood, Arkansas USA

ABC Financial, Swift Financial, Gold's Gym Will not stop collections even though they agree I don't owe them anything! Sherwood Arkansas

I recieved a Gold's Gym membership as a gift.  That person's debit card was cancelled by his bank and reissued, which resulted in missed payments to Gold's Gym.  I have paid late fees, reinstatement fees and cancelled my membership.  Despite all this, Swift Financial has been harassing me, threatening me with reporting to credit bureaus, even lawsuits.  A collector named Dean misrepresented himself as an attorney.  According to them, I owe over $400.

The local gym says I don't owe anything, and provided me with a printout showing this.  The former manager, Jerry Vega, assured me several times that he would contact Swift and stop the collections.  However, collections continue, and Jerry no longer works at the Mesa, Az. Gold's.

Today, I received another call from Gold's.  They will not accept any proof that my account is paid from me.  They insist they need an email from the Mesa gym manager, which they claim they have never received.  Today I spoke to Jordan, the front desk mangager at the Mesa Gold's, who assured me that I don't owe them anything, and to ignore the calls from Swift.  I am concerned that if I do that, this still may go on my credit report.  Besides, I should not be getting calls at all.

Gold's claims Swift is at fault, and Swift blames it on the "watertight" contracts that Gold's makes members sign.  I think they work together to defraud people of money, and I want the collection activity to stop!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/25/2014 10:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ABC-Financial/Sherwood-Arkansas-72120/ABC-Financial-Swift-Financial-Golds-Gym-Will-not-stop-collections-even-though-they-agr-1133473. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ABC Financial