Complaint Review: ABC Movers Austin Texas

• Updated: Tue, July 02, 2013

• Reported By: LRC — Austin Texas
ABC Movers Austin Texas
610 Upson St Austin , Select State/Province USA

ABC Movers Austin Texas AKA The ABC Movers Do NOT use this company-will rip you off and be rude- horrible to work with Austin Texas

PLEASE READ- This was the worst experience. I was told they would be at my house between 10am and 12pm. When they hadn't showed by 12:30 my roomate called them. The receptionist said they could not find us on the calendar for that day. Then it was escalated to a very rude man who claimed to be the Owner's nephew. He says he finds us on the list but that we were lying about saying their window was 10-12pm and that the real time frame was 10-2pm. So we deal with that and him being very rude. When they still hadn't showed up by 3pm I called and spoke to the Manager. He was so rude to me. Literally laughing in my ear when I asked for a discount for our horrible service and inconvenience. He told me he couldn't help the weather and that it was raining. It was a sunny day. It made no sense. So he continued to argue with me on the phone.

The movers ended up showing up to my apartment at 5:30pm. They took 4 hours to load a one bedroom, continuously taking breaks to smoke cigarettes on my balcony. There were only two of them. One very young guy who was really nice and they only one moving anything and this other guy who acted like he was hooking you up with some awesome deal as he sat on the patio smoking and talking on his phone. My neighbors actually watched them as they took down one small fan over half an hour. They loaded everything into my hallway of my apartment and just sat there. I called what was listed as the corporate office and got the same "manager" that had been so rude. I told him that I was not going to pay for this amount of time for a one bedroom while his workers went as slow as possible. It was obvious at this point they were all in on this. This was my punishment and there was NOTHING I could do about it.

After 10pm, at the new place, a few blocks away I told them to just put everything in the garage and leave. I paid for all the rip off charges as I had no choice, and tipped them out of fear of retaliation. I now have to hire someone to come and move my stuff upstairs that is too heavy and have a full garage of stuff that should have been moved in under two hours total. When I moved stuff from a two story house from San Antonio to Austin and had a pit stop half way to Austin to unload half of the things into a storage unit then up to Austin I paid half the price of this one bedroom same zip code move. I don't even know what to say.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/02/2013 01:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ABC-Movers-Austin-Texas/Austin-Select-StateProvince-78703/ABC-Movers-Austin-Texas-AKA-The-ABC-Movers-Do-NOT-use-this-company-will-rip-you-off-and-b-1063892. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ABC Movers Austin Texas